• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Late Lord Lopsley-26th Sept- Christabel Contacting FHB

If fluid is collecting has the vet given him frusamide? I have a guinea pig with a heart problem and this has helped her tremendously. She is back to her usual perky self after scaring me that she was going to drop dead several times :roll: She has lost a fair bit of weight, but I reckon that is the fluid gone from her abdomen.

How Disgraceful breeding these rabbits knowing of this problem :x

doorkeeper said:
If fluid is collecting has the vet given him frusamide? I have a guinea pig with a heart problem and this has helped her tremendously. She is back to her usual perky self after scaring me that she was going to drop dead several times :roll: She has lost a fair bit of weight, but I reckon that is the fluid gone from her abdomen.

How Disgraceful breeding these rabbits knowing of this problem :x

I have had a couple of Rexes with CHD and frusemide was part of their drug regime. It certainly helped. Until Lopsley has a definitive diagnosis we dont want to risk 'treating blind' so to speak.

I will be VERY surprised if he makes it to his 1st Birthday on 1st March 2007...... :cry: :cry:

Oh dear, people messing with nature.... :cry: :cry:

Janex

Lopsley is now eating less :( He is increasingly lethargic and I am sure there is a serious problem, as yet we dont know what.
He is still on treatment for his ear infection but I dont believe it is that causing him to appear to be in such poor condition :cry:
I am VERY worried about him :cry: He is having blood tests on Monday.

Janex

awww :cry: come on Lord Lopsley, You're not allowed to be poorly.
I really hope that the blood tests show something which can be treated, or better still I hope they will give him the all clear. What a worry :cry:

He is only eating grass now. He is Sooooooo thin :cry: and weak :cry:
He is still on treatment for his ear infection but its not working :cry:
He is on analgesia and I am now going to supplement the tiny amount he is eating with Critical Care.
Contacting the non-Rabbit savvy Vet today would achieve no more than I am already doing.
If Lord Lopsley lasts the night he will see Christabel tomorrow :cry: :cry:

Not sure I can cope with this...... :cry: :cry:

Janex

Oh Jane - you must be absolutely exhausted with all this going on.

We are all praying for the lovely Lord Lopsley to pull through and start climbing conservatories again.

Oh Jane. :cry: I don't know what to say. I'm sending as mnay vibes as I can too poor Lord Lopsley. I really really hope he gets through this. Xx

Oh no Jane... I can't imagine how you're feeling right now, poor LL :cry: Really really hope he's ok, sending lots of vibes to him and hugs to you xx

So sorry to hear about this Jane, what a rubbish week you're having :( :( :( .

{{{{GET WELL VIBES}}}} for Lord Lopsley.

Gemma x

Oh no Im devastated so cant even begin 2 imagine how u must be feeling, I'm crossing all my fingers and H & H r crossing their little toes that he pulls through. I know there's lots of buns on RU and they're all fantastic and lovely, but I think Uncle A and Lord Lops both have a special place in very1's hearts...............They do in mine anyway

Back