• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cry:

I know how you feel. My vets won't accept any part payments, to the point that when their card reader was broke I had to leave my buns there whilst I went to the cash machine to get the £44 for their vacs. The fact that I was booked in the next day for my other two didn't bother them.

Please don't take it personally, everyone on here wants the best interest of the rabbit and will literally give a limb to make sure that this happens. I appreciate that sometimes though things aren't always possible. I'm sure your beating yourself up enough about this without being shouted at by other members of RU.

All I can do is send mega vibes for the kit and I hope that somethings sorts itself out so it can get the treatment it needs asap. x

Extract from The Animal Welfare Act:

The five welfare needs

This means pet owners are now legally obliged to care for their pet properly - which most owners already do - by providing these five basic needs:

somewhere suitable to live

a proper diet, including fresh water

the ability to express normal behaviour

for any need to be housed with, or apart from, other animals

protection from, and treatment of, illness and injury.

I'm not arguing with you that this is exactly what the bun needs and exactly the treatment that I PERSONALLY would give. But if unexpected kits have been placed on a family, around christmas time and they are physically unable to get the money and the vets will not let them have treatment without full payment the OP is in it a bit of a predicament. It's all well and good guilt tripping the OP but maybe people should be critical of the vet as well who is willing to let a sick animal die when part payments could be arranged.

Im so sorry your bunnies are poorly. How old is the kit? Do you have a local RSPCA branch? It may be worth calling them now to see if they will help towards payment for your bunny. Paws crossed xx

I'm sorry your kit is poorly. I understand what you mean, a lot of vets don't take payment, and while I'm sure they feel really bad about refusing people, they can't just treat animals with no pay. Not all vets are understanding anyway. exotic vets in my area (like the avian vet, in a branch that has several different vets) won't come in after hours or on weekends, not even for extra money. Maybe you could look around for a better vet though. There may be some in your area that will take payments.

I'm not arguing with you that this is exactly what the bun needs and exactly the treatment that I PERSONALLY would give. But if unexpected kits have been placed on a family, around christmas time and they are physically unable to get the money and the vets will not let them have treatment without full payment the OP is in it a bit of a predicament. It's all well and good guilt tripping the OP but maybe people should be critical of the vet as well who is willing to let a sick animal die when part payments could be arranged.

I don't think that anybody is guilt tripping the OP. People are just trying to give advice. The O/P's bunnies seem to die one by one in such a short period. Unless something is done about it, there will be none left. I'm sure there are more than one vets in the O/P's area. Maybe she can phone around and see if she can find a vet that will accept part payment. Or, maybe, she can ask for help from the RSPCA and PDSA. I really don't think that sending vibes and hoping that things will work out is going to help. :(

:cry:

I know how you feel. My vets won't accept any part payments, to the point that when their card reader was broke I had to leave my buns there whilst I went to the cash machine to get the £44 for their vacs. The fact that I was booked in the next day for my other two didn't bother them.

Please don't take it personally, everyone on here wants the best interest of the rabbit and will literally give a limb to make sure that this happens. I appreciate that sometimes though things aren't always possible. I'm sure your beating yourself up enough about this without being shouted at by other members of RU.

All I can do is send mega vibes for the kit and I hope that somethings sorts itself out so it can get the treatment it needs asap. x

Thanks so much. . Ican't stop crying x

I don't think that anybody is guilt tripping the OP. People are just trying to give advice. The O/P's bunnies seem to die one by one in such a short period. Unless something is done about it, there will be none left. I'm sure there are more than one vets in the O/P's area. Maybe she can phone around and see if she can find a vet that will accept part payment. Or, maybe, she can ask for help from the RSPCA and PDSA. I really don't think that sending vibes and hoping that thing will work out is going to help. :(

I do appreciate that there's other vets in the area etc but I know that the only emergency vets near myself will NOT take part payment and if a bun is admitted you have to leave a £100-£300 deposit :roll: I was in a similar situation when Leo was in a bad way. Luckily I had my parents to help me out with the deposit but some people just don't have that option.

I'm not saying I condone not treating a sick animal but at the same time I feel that a few people have been a little bit harsh. Posting the animal welfare act, IMO, is completely unnecessary and only served the purpose of one tremendous guilt trip for the OP.

I do appreciate that there's other vets in the area etc but I know that the only emergency vets near myself will NOT take part payment and if a bun is admitted you have to leave a £100-£300 deposit :roll: I was in a similar situation when Leo was in a bad way. Luckily I had my parents to help me out with the deposit but some people just don't have that option.

I'm not saying I condone not treating a sick animal but at the same time I feel that a few people have been a little bit harsh. Posting the animal welfare act, IMO, is completely unnecessary and only served the purpose of one tremendous guilt trip for the OP.

The OP doesn't seem to be aware of the Animal Welfare Act.

And what's the point of having it if people can ignore it if they choose?

And instead of spending time on here the OP could be phoning around vets surgeries, RSPCA etc trying to find someone who will accept payment by instalments.

I won't revisit this thread as none of the advice offered is being taken on board anyway.

And instead of spending time on here the OP could be phoning around vets surgeries, RSPCA etc trying to find someone who will accept payment by instalments.

I won't revisit this thread as none of the advice offered is being taken on board anyway

:thumb:

Well thanks for that! I look after my babies the best i can and what you are saying is totally uncalled for! I haven't been sat on here all night! I keep popping on for replys. This as never happened to me one after the other dying!

I won't revisit this thread as none of the advice offered is being taken on board anyway.

Well your not adding anything constructive, so it's probably for the best :roll:

As I've said in my PM, if you need me to phone any vets for you etc let me know. I'll leave this thread now as the attitude of some of the members on here has disgusted me.

Well thanks for that! I look after my babies the best i can and what you are saying is totally uncalled for! I haven't been sat on here all night! I keep popping on for replys. This as never happened to me one after the other dying!

I think people are only getting frustrated with you because they are telling you what you need to do and you aren't coming back on to confirm if you have done it or not which automatically makes it look like you haven't!

Have you rung every single vet in your area to enquire if they could accept installments? Yes or No

Have you rung the RSPCA and the PDSA? Yes or No.

If it's YES to both and none of them can help then shame on them all

If its NO to both, then shame on you.

Last year I had to rush my very sick cat to the vets at 3am. I was told on the phone by the out-of-hours/emergency vet that her just turning up to the vet practice would cost £140. And then any treatment of course would need to be paid for on top of that.

I told the vet that I wouldn't be able to pay right away as I was only working part-time and funds were limited.
She told me that it didnt matter and that if I thought my cat was suffering I needed to get him to her ASAP, she said we could sort money out afterwards.

I didn't need to think twice, I woke my brother up and had my cat there within 30mins.

Luckily I was offered a payment plan even though there are signs up everywhere saying they only take full payment. Ask and ask again. Beg and plead if you have to.....your animal relies on YOU for treatment. You need to provide it with the care it needs. Please dont let it suffer.
The RSPCA also offered to pay £100 of the bill after I contacted them the next day but I decided to stick to the payment plan and pay it myself.

Your kit needs to get to a vet right now. The poor thing may be in terrible pain and it upsets me to think that it's going to die tonight when something could be done to help. :(

Are you going to call a vet and take the kit anywhere tonight? It is upsetting to think of him/her suffering when they could be helped :(

I cannot get any where tonight at all. The kit as been in the run hopping about i said he had the runs not that he was at deaths door. .

The kit as been in the run hopping about i said he had the runs not that he was at deaths door. .

But it's not normal for a rabbit to have the runs, especially a young kit, so I don't know how you can be so sure he isn't at death's door and, after your other losses, it's hard to comprehend why you would even take the chance. :(

Echo that!

Lay it on thick if you need to, cry over the phone at them but the wee one should really see a vet ASAP. Runny poops are not a good sign for a baby bunny.

Good luck and keep us updated

Last year I had to rush my very sick cat to the vets at 3am. I was told on the phone by the out-of-hours/emergency vet that her just turning up to the vet practice would cost £140. And then any treatment of course would need to be paid for on top of that.

I told the vet that I wouldn't be able to pay right away as I was only working part-time and funds were limited.
She told me that it didnt matter and that if I thought my cat was suffering I needed to get him to her ASAP, she said we could sort money out afterwards.

I didn't need to think twice, I woke my brother up and had my cat there within 30mins.

Luckily I was offered a payment plan even though there are signs up everywhere saying they only take full payment. Ask and ask again. Beg and plead if you have to.....your animal relies on YOU for treatment. You need to provide it with the care it needs. Please dont let it suffer.
The RSPCA also offered to pay £100 of the bill after I contacted them the next day but I decided to stick to the payment plan and pay it myself.

Your kit needs to get to a vet right now. The poor thing may be in terrible pain and it upsets me to think that it's going to die tonight when something could be done to help. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back