• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tessa has stasis :(

Just back from being at the Dr's myself and as the vets is just down the road we popped in for a visit. She looked miserable all hooked up to the drip last night but today she is very bright eyed and was happy to see us. She even tried to climb up onto my shoulder and she is a big rabbit too :shock: I brought her some kale and pellets from home and she actually ate some of her own accord in front of me :love::love: I am so proud of her. The vet wants to keep her in for further observation and to make sure her poops start forming as normal (some were a bit sticky and small) but she should be free to go home after 2pm :D

Thank you so much everyone. She is eating cecotrophs which is brilliant and she is suddenly ravenous but obviously she needs to go slow on her food instead of gorging. I am picking her up in half and hour :D Paddy will be delighted to have her home again.

Brilliant news:thumb: It is such an immense sense of relief to get them home again where they belong:love:

Brilliant news:thumb: It is such an immense sense of relief to get them home again where they belong:love:

It really is. Paddy licked her all over when he saw her again and I could not stop stroking her velvety ears. I have lost a couple of buns to stasis in the past, so that fear is always there. But she is chomping away on her hay and doing normal sized poops again. She even had a play outdoors and the sun shone just for her :D

Sorry I haven't posted to this thread yet but I am glad to hear that Tessa is home and doing well. :D :love: xxxxxxx

Back