• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Temporary indoor housing for 3 separate rabbits

Stator

Warren Veteran
Does anyone have any tips for where to get some cheap temporary indoor housing, for keeping three separate rabbits before bonding them. Or for keeping them separate if the bonding fails.
I guess 4ft woud be the minimum size since it's only temporary.
I was thinking either brand new cheap wooden hutches or some kind of cage a similar size.
The wooden ones could be double decker or stackable, but I don't suppose that's possible with cages.

Hoping not to spend too much as it's just temporary. They don't need to be well made or last long.

Anyone know of a suitable place?

Oh and I'm in Plymouth and will need them in a couple weeks

Last edited:
48" dog crates? They could stack if needed, or side by side could help them get used to each other. Put a shelf in at the back half for extra floor space and cardboard boxes to hide in. The plastic trays may get chewed - metal trays are better. They fold flat(ish) when no longer needed. They would at least keep each rabbit secure from the others - no jumping out, etc, and no worse than a lot of pet shop accommodation for short-term use. First one that came up on eBay was £35 delivered.

That's an excellent idea, I had forgotten about Dog Crates. I don't know why the rabbits versions are more expensive :)

I am temporarily using a dog crate for my bunny while his hormones die down now he's been neutered until I bond him with my other 2, and it works really well and fits all of his basic needs in perfectly. I also have a shelf fitted too as suggested by Shimmer and my bunny loves jumping up on to it. :)

Just make sure that each bunny gets some time out of the crate each day so they can exercise. I let Storm out for a minimum of 8 hours a day but obviously that will be difficult for you with 3 separate bunnies, however I would still suggest about 2 hours for each of them. Good luck with the bonding too! :)

Back