• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Teeth grinding

KCG

Warren Veteran
Hi everybody,
Cookie is using eye drops for his eyes now and he is being treated (a minor allergy, I won't repeat it because I mentioned it on the forum before). Also he had a minor cystitis and only had 3 days of treatment and is now cured. But Cookie has been grinding loudly for a few seconds 2-3 times a day for 7-10 days. I realize at that moment that he is in pain, because loud grinding and shaking go together. So he's grinding his teeth and shaking at the same time but it only lasts a few seconds. Cookie's eating, drinking, pooping, peeing and pleasure, comfort is very good. I think Cookie has mild pain. I asked the vet hundreds of times and he examined but she said he was fine. The vet said that this behavior may have been because he was angry, but I don't believe it.

What are you thinking?

Loud teeth grinding is a sign of pain. If you think he is in pain it may be worth trying to speak to another vet for a second opinion as he may still be unwell, rabbits don't grind their teeth from anger. Rabbits do "chatter" their teeth quietly when they are happy and contented but this is very different from the grinding sound when they're in pain. Based on your other thread about being worried Cookie wasn't moving around much it could be that he isn't well as that is also a potential sign of illness.

Loud teeth grinding is a sign of pain. If you think he is in pain it may be worth trying to speak to another vet for a second opinion as he may still be unwell, rabbits don't grind their teeth from anger. Rabbits do "chatter" their teeth quietly when they are happy and contented but this is very different from the grinding sound when they're in pain. Based on your other thread about being worried Cookie wasn't moving around much it could be that he isn't well as that is also a potential sign of illness.

Oh if you only knew my problems.. The number of rabbit veterinarians in Turkey is only 3-4. Currently, there is no other rabbit vet in this city or even in Turkey better than this vet. But the veterinarian we have is very inadequate compared to the ones in Europe, but this is the only opportunity in Turkey. I talked to the vet a thousand times, but she does not accept, she says he has no pain, she says he has no disease. Vet says Cookie is healthy, she says he found no disease in him. I'm going crazy now, what am I going to do? :cry:

Last edited:
Back