• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ted is dead.

So sorry that you've lost your bun Chloe, as others have said, don't blame yourself. You gave Ted a good loving home, he couldn't have asked for more. Binky free Ted xx

I'm sorry :( It's hard when it happens unexpectedly but at least it sounds like he went peacefully, and wasn't ill beforehand. That's the best we can hope for our furry friend really. I don't think you're doing anything wrong either, 9 is a pretty decent age in my opinion. Take care of yourself, it really hits you when you lose two close together. :(

Sleep tight Ted. x

Last edited:
So very sorry for you loss :cry:

It's hard not to blame ourselves especially when there is more than one loss close together. All we can ever do is try and give them the best lives possible for whatever time we get to share with them.

Binky free Ted xx

Nine is a really good age for a rabbit. Especially one that had a poor start. And he did not suffer with a prolonged disease or illness at the end. Celebrate his life with you and do not feel bad about the ending.

Thank you all for your kind words, I really appreciate it :cry: I'm not on the forum all that much any more, but it means so much that I can come here when something like this happens, and be met with people who understand. I was off work sick yesterday and I'm off again today (need to get a doctors appt, something is definitely wrong with me), so at least I can keep an eye on Wotsit and make sure she's okay.

Somehow, I now have 5 single bunnies. Don't know how I got into this mess!

I'm so very sorry to hear that Ted has left us. :cry:
He sounds to have had a wonderful second chance at life with you, and even though it is never easy to say goodbye, I know someday you will think of him without tears and the happy times he spent with you will shine ever brighter in your memories of him.

Sending you ((((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))))) and comforting vibes. Please take care of yourself.
Binky free, Ted xxxxx

Back