• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Surprise Baby lion lops (UPDATED lots more pics)

Hi,
Well I had loads of people interested but was so reluctant to let them go because I wanted the best homes for them and several sounded very convincing but slipped up and I realised they were breeders but I finally chose a nice young couple from sheffield. They drove a 2hour round trip to collect two girls on sunday (sandy and spot). They are now house rabbits in a two storey indoor cage with a large run in the garden. The other three (runty, charlie and dotty) my mum fell in love with and has decided to keep. The three babies are ten weeks now and still living happily with mum and dad although dad occasionally growls at his son (no bites though) I think he's just making sure they know who is boss. Charlie is going to live as a house bunny at my partners place until he is neutered and safe to be rebonded with his dad, mum and two sisters. I'm not sure whether to split them up today or wait another week or two til he really has to be split up? Don't know if anyone has any advice on this? They all get on most of the time and he spends a great deal of time following his dad or sleeping on his dads head but has started trying to mount his sisters. Am I right in thinking he can't do anything til at least twelve weeks? X

I don't know as I have no experience in this, but I'd separate Charlie now. He might be a little young to be a daddy, but it isn't worth the risk of another unplanned litter

Might be worth seperating him and his dad as a pair to bond back with the girls later? My boys where fine living with their neutered girlies from 8/10 weeks old until the where neutered at 15 weeks. I dont know if I was just lucky though?

Sounds like the two girls landed on their paws :D

Thanks for the advice :) yeah I think keeping him with his dad might be the best option as his dad never fought with his mum, shows no aggression to his daughters and in my experience its always harder to bond two of the same sex. I feel bad separating dad from his wife bunn and daughters though as they are so happy together but I suppose it will only be for a few months. Unless I just separate the son and leave dad and girls together. Decisions decisions :s just really want to cause minimum upset and hopefully a successful and happy re-bond. :)

Back