• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sue went to the Bridge this morning

I know it makes no sense at all but I keep thinking of Sue in Wales (where the crematorium is) all scared and lonely. I KNOW she isn't there, it's only her shell, and her spirit is still with me and the other buns, so I don't know why I keep getting these horrible thoughts:(

Munchkin came bouncing over to Sue's hutch when I opened their hutch this morning. It made me cry all over again:( She is the one who was in with Sue the night she became so poorly.

They are all eating though and have each other. They were originally a six so have witnessed other buns going to the Bridge over the years, sadly. I think they will be OK but am keeping a close eye on them, especially my elderly, arthritic Dylan.

Their myxi jabs are due but I am going to leave it a week for them to get over the shock of Sue not being around any longer.

I am going to put Sue's ashes with Peggy's but I don't know what to do with them then. I am moving so don't want to put them in the garden but thought maybe in a plant pot but don't know what to plant as I am not good with plants and a lot of my so called 'hardy' plants died in the frost last year.

I still have Daisy's ashes - and she went to the Bridge a long time ago.

Thank you all so much for your support. I am going to work shortly - and just hope no-one says anything insensitive. I know I should be able to brush it off but I will probably embarrass myself and cry.

Back