• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sue went to the Bridge this morning

Thank you all so much. I went into work briefly but have given up for today.

I've been poorly over the weekend because of something I ate, it's 'that' time of the month and I worked until 3.00 am this morning so all that, combined with my deep sadness over Sue, means I am worthless as a support worker.

I am going over to Sam's (Bluesmum's) for cuddles and cake. It will be wonderful being with someone who understands. None of my friends or colleagues in real life (apart from RU friends) 'get' rabbits and don't quite know what to say. At least no-one has said ' she was only a rabbit ' - yet!!!!

I am worried about Molly as she is sitting outside Sue's hutch and has been all morning. She has Munchkin and Dylan to snuggle with but won't go and see them:( She mothered Sue and probably wonders where on earth she has gone.

sending you hugs ... Im so sorry . :(:(

I will find some pics of when they first arrived if i still have them and ill post them on your thread in rainbow bridge when you write it .

You gave them so much more than they ever had in their previous home .. hold that to you . They knew you loved them .x

I am so sad to read this :cry::cry:

Sending you a big ((hug)) Hope Sue's friends are ok, especially Molly. You were the best Mummy to Sue and Peggy and I'm sure they are happily snuggled together at Rainbow Bridge now xxx

Thank you so much everyone. I spent some time with Sam (Bluesmum) and had Rosie, Blue and Marnie cuddles/strokes. I also had some tea, toast and a cake as I hadn't thought to eat or drink this morning. Thank you lots, Sam.

I'm pleased to say that Mollly is snuggled up with Dylan now so not in the other hutch waiting for Sue. I have tried to explain to them all that Sue isn't coming back:(:(.

Am more upset now I am home on my own with nothing to distract me. I keep thinking of all the things I did wrong with Sue and could have done better. I know that guilt is part of the grieving process but my head and my heart aren't on the same side at the moment.

Sue was a really special bun - even when she was ill she was such a gentle and loving bun. She hated being picked up but tolerated it.

Thank you Angie. I can't put photos up so it would be wonderful if you could add some when I write their tribute on the Rainbow Bridge thread.

Pippa (one of my cats) knows I am sad and won't leave me alone at the moment:love: Animals are amazing - all of them.

omg karen...i have had my phone turned off charging it....but i know youd have rung my landline or knocked on my door......

i could have given you dylan to hug.....hes like pipa in that respect.

poor sue:( The only thing you can treasure..is the fact they had such a loving caring home with you..they landed on their feet with you as bunny mummy xx

karen the guilt stages are the worst...and i dont belive they ever really leave us..we just bury it and hope itll heal over without too much of a scar:(

she went very peacefully hun...the toxins in the bloodstream when the kidneys fail are sooo high..by the time shed got to that point...the toxins would probably have hit her brain and sensory abilities..i now it did with our cat tabitha back in 2006:(
She would have been close to death and not really sure what was going on..its how tabitha went...she had the sedative and was gone:cry:

((((((((((((KAREN))))))))))

i will turn my bloody phone back on now...i had to charge it off as it was losing battery power:oops:

im not surprised your such a state...its all hit you when youre down. xx

i have to pick up a form from the doctors tomorrow....i will ring first..try and get it in morning......

if you want coffee and biccys and a place to feel understood......you couldnt have picked a better option than bluesmum.

however.....when i get back from the walk down the road..ill txt you if youre off tomorrow.....you know youre always welcome here.....bertie and merlin hugs...and dylan kitty smooshes....merlin says if you rub his nose for two hours straight itll take your mind off...he always knows bless him.

when you go to pick up sues ashes..do you want me to come with? Its always a bit gut wrenching collecting your furbaby in a box:cry:

its such an unfair thing..she was so happy with the multi bond..after losing peggy you were worried shed die form a broken heart...and the vet said no bonding to the group..but she told you and i otherwise......and it worked...

the buns will work it out from her being gone and your heart breaking hun..they always do......and pippa is grieveing along with you..she loves the buns.

you know where i am if you need me xx

So very sorry :(

There was nothing else you could do, but I know how hard it is.

Thinking of you.
x

Thank you all so, so much. It was horrible putting all the others to bed and having an empty hutch. I said to Sam (Bluesmum) earlier, I MUST not look at Rabbits in Need or I will be so tempted.

Thank you Debbie. I am going to try and go back to work tomorrow. I've just had a week's annual leave so I do need to try. I am on-call tomorrow night as well:( I probably won't work a full day so will text you and see if you are in.

I just hope Sue didn't suffer overnight. I got home at 3.00 am from work but I didn't think to go and check on the buns. I hope she didn't hear me come home and want me to be with her:( By breakfast time she was barely conscious but I believe she knew I was there. She did struggle a little when I wrapped her in a towel and a few times moved to get more comfy when I was holding her.

I am really glad she died naturally and didn't need PTS as she was so thin I think it would have traumatised her.

I am so lucky to have known her and to have been her Bunny Mummy. Just wish we could have had longer together.

Oh honey, We're here whenever you need us, I just sorry about Rosie bouncing on you :oops:
Like I said earlier, there was nothing you could do that you didn't. She went peacefully in your arms, knowing she was safe and loved. What more could any bunny want? I know that's what I would want (although probably not yours for me ;) )
In all seriousness, you have nothing to feel guilty for. Stay strong, and I'll ty and drop your coat over at some point..or youll have to come pick it up ;)

Back