• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Such sad news about Jasper / / Totti OK post op

sorry Jill , not logged on :roll: having forty winks :oops: :oops: which turned into an hour :roll: or two :oops:

Hhhmmm, together or seperate :? :? need to be poo monitor and nurse maid for the night :? :? well, I can only base this on my own experience and I know that, when my OH is il, there is NO WAY I will spend the night with him :wink: :lol: :lol: I tend to tuck myself up on the settee for a peaceful nights rest :wink: but here you have two loved up buns, so, if this was my dilemma I would keep them together but keep them both inside so I could still keep an eye on Totti for the night :wink: :D :D

Oh no - hugs and snuggles to Totti and Jasper.

Hope they both feel better soon!!

Caz

Yay Jill - the Bunny Current Counter :) - Glad to hear little Totti is producing - Keep em coming little bunster!!!

Suzi - poor little Jasper - I'll keep fingers and paws crossed for your little bundle of trouble for Monday.

Sending Snuggles to both little bunsters.

Update on Totts - he has eaten pellets and nibble rings but no hay. I'm now a quality controller for currants we well as a counter :oops: :oops: i.e. they are small and don't have the fibre bits in them. Because he's eating hard pellets, the Vet thinks its not his teeth and he did still feel gassy so he's had another metaclopramide injection and we're booked in again for tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, he's now laid out in the sick bay, with his legs extended behind him, looking like he hasn't a care in the world.

Come on Jasper........ your turn...... your new partner in crime Totti sends nose rubs

Jasper has had a good night, he is drinking loads this morning I am glad of that, He is eating a bit more but still very slow it seemed like he ate it better last night after he had his Metacam.

He has done a few poos but they are very tiny, so I will just keep watching him for now.

I wish it was Monday already :cry:

Suzi Wong said:
Jasper has had a good night, he is drinking loads this morning I am glad of that, He is eating a bit more but still very slow it seemed like he ate it better last night after he had his Metacam.

He has done a few poos but they are very tiny, so I will just keep watching him for now.

I wish it was Monday already :cry:

Ha!! Another poo quality controller :!: :oops: :lol: :!: this is going to seem like the longest weekend of your life. Come on Jasper - bigger and better poops please

luvabun said:
Ha!! Another poo quality controller :!: :oops: :lol: :!: this is going to seem like the longest weekend of your life. Come on Jasper - bigger and better poops please

Join the club. :lol: I am even not stopping Evo chewing cardboard boxes quite so soon, cos at least it means he's eating something. :oops:

I hope Totti is feeling better. Billy had this last week.

There is a lot of this happening to our buns lately :cry:

Do you think cardboard boxes might be blocking them? Billy & Rosie demolish lots of them during the day plus their moulting .... I don't want to spoil their fun though.

Love another poo patroller :D

Totti is flatly refusing to eat hay and his miniscule poos reflect this. I normally restrict the amount of pellets he eats but this seems cruel seeing as I'm trying to get him to eat. Any suggestions - I've been told no veg as he is still full of gas.
note to Totti from your Mum **** better out than in ****

luvabun said:
Totti is flatly refusing to eat hay and his miniscule poos reflect this. I normally restrict the amount of pellets he eats but this seems cruel seeing as I'm trying to get him to eat. Any suggestions - I've been told no veg as he is still full of gas.
note to Totti from your Mum **** better out than in ****

I know you've been told no veg but could you try him with a few herbs maybe? This may get the gas out and start his tum working properly. He needs to exercise to keep the gut moving and he needs to eat - if he won't touch the hay then I would give him either herbs or a small amount of wet leafy greens to get the gut working.
Have you got any probiotic you could give him as well?
Now come on Totti - get on with your business :!:

Jaypot said:
I know you've been told no veg but could you try him with a few herbs maybe? This may get the gas out and start his tum working properly. He needs to exercise to keep the gut moving and he needs to eat - if he won't touch the hay then I would give him either herbs or a small amount of wet leafy greens to get the gut working.
Have you got any probiotic you could give him as well?
Now come on Totti - get on with your business :!:
No I haven't got a probiotic - is this something readily available that I should have in an emergency kit? He had a good belt round the garden with his girlfriend so got tons of exercise - I so hate seperating them.

You can get bio-lapis in sachets from the vets or most people on here recommend Avipro - which you can buy online.
I have some of the bio-lapis sachets in the bunny box - when they are either used up or out of date - I will get some avipro.

Towsbuns said:
You can get bio-lapis in sachets from the vets or most people on here recommend Avipro - which you can buy online.
I have some of the bio-lapis sachets in the bunny box - when they are either used up or out of date - I will get some avipro.
sorry if this is a very basic question but what does a probiotic do? :?:

It provides a dose of "friendly" bacteria like those daft yoghurt drink adverts say!! Basically attempts to crowd out the bad bacteria causing the wind (= stasis) by flooding the gut with loads of the good, commensal bacteria usually found in a rabbit's gut! It aids digestion of fibre as these are the bacteria naturally found in the gut that the rabbits use to help to break hay/grass down.

Caz

Caz said:
It provides a dose of "friendly" bacteria like those daft yoghurt drink adverts say!! Basically attempts to crowd out the bad bacteria causing the wind (= stasis) by flooding the gut with loads of the good, commensal bacteria usually found in a rabbit's gut! It aids digestion of fibre as these are the bacteria naturally found in the gut that the rabbits use to help to break hay/grass down.

Caz
thanks Caz - so he's going to start skipping around and showing me up once he's had a few of these :lol: :lol:

Back