• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stressed = ud Result 4 bonded bunnies - we have lurrrrrrrve

whiskey flopped liked he'd passed out, so i nearly passed out - then he rolled over and is lying on his tummy, the other 3 are pushed into a corner right uo against the pen :s

i thought teh fighting had died down - whiskey would head but a bun and they would jumpa nd he would run away and flop, but he's just teared out loads of fur out of boo :(

then flopped

poor boo, upsy and topsy are just huddled together pressed against the bars - really looks uncomfortable :(

dont worry, its ok, it'll go through phases, thats all normal

can you get a friend to come over for a coffee to keep you company? make you feel less tense

dont have any :shock:
and im worried tomorrow when i have to go to work for 2 hrs :S
and the sheds being delivered so ill ahve to leave them to get the door :S

whiskeys now flopped out like he's dead :shock:
i have to keep looking for his chest movements
the other three still really tense

at least I know 3 are ok right?

It all sounds normal and like its going well. Its always more stressful when its your own buns than bonding someone elses

It all sounds normal to me. When i bonded Lottie and George we had 1 bun sat at each end of the cage for hours before they interacted. Give it time, Whiskey may interact and become part of the group soon :)

Get yourself some chocolate!! :lol: xXx

I'm sure they'll be ok for a minute while you go stick the kettle on...you're doing to have to leave them to go to the loo.....

only boo im questioning about in that group, were whiskey and boo together already, and your bonding 2 girls to the group, ???

nasty fighting looks like boxing ive witnessed a bun actualy pick up a bun by the scruff and throw it

chaseing, circling, nipping, fur pulling, mounting, gripping all normal,

just watch boo for the next good few hours to see if he relaxes a bit and nibble, boo's nose would be the bun you put the treat on to encourage whiskey to groom, but not till boo relaxes a lil more,

the fact the fighting isnt long and theres breaks is all good so far :)

whiskey deffo wants to be boss

you should be fine to make a cuppa:D,

oh i miss bonding

helllllllllllllllllp4another big 4 bun chase
lots of fur
and poor topsy squealed so i threw the cusion in to stop whiksey, hes now flopped out again one side the other three basically sat on eachother huddled now :(

only boo im questioning about in that group, were whiskey and boo together already, and your bonding 2 girls to the group, ???

nasty fighting looks like boxing ive witnessed a bun actualy pick up a bun by the scruff and throw it

chaseing, circling, nipping, fur pulling, mounting, gripping all normal,

just watch boo for the next good few hours to see if he relaxes a bit and nibble, boo's nose would be the bun you put the treat on to encourage whiskey to groom, but not till boo relaxes a lil more,

the fact the fighting isnt long and theres breaks is all good so far :)

you should be fine to make a cuppa:D,

oh i miss bonding

Check you out miss bonding queen! :lol:

Maybe I should send all my buns to you to give you a challenge...a group of 17 coule be fun! :lol:

Happybunny...I agree with Zoe (areia)

We have recently bonded a 6! :shock: I actually find groups easier than pairs sometimes.

One thing I truely believe in is that the owners need to try and stay as relaxed as possible. Bunnies (as with all animals IMO) really do pick up on nervous/negative vibes. I know it's hard (and I am one to talk when it comes to my own babies) but try and relax as much as possible and leave them to it.

Best of luck. xxx

:oops: bonding queen hardly, that janice :D

is it wrong im laughing at whiskeys attitude to the cusion, sounds hes unfazed by it, :lol:

im sorry i know how stressfull it is as buuny freind says other peoples are not as nerve wracking as your own

it does work, he crouches and stops, i throw it aty him lol in between the fight..

boo is now facing whiskeys bum cos theyve had a to-do
i have put garlic breraded mushrooms and potato skins in the oven - think ill choke on them

sounds like whiskey is the boss, so is quite happy flopping about and being dominant - the others are scared of him at the moment, but they'll get used to him and relax soon. Once they start grooming and understand its a mutual relationship they should be ok

how are you though, your not shouting squealing when they start fighting,and panicing, as its important just to remain calm, and just if you must use a firm tone,

how long are fights lasting average is around 30 seconds to a min, i used to use the broom after around 30 , 40 secs, as they do have to fight to get it out the system

your gonna need summing stronger than a cuppa tea i reckon :lol:

im on coke to stay awake
im fairly calm - i just jump and hold then pen - stop it moving
n throw the cusion at whiskey if teh bun squeals

i dont speak

I was supposed to be bonding myself with BEau after his op poor baby has been abandoned :(

Back