• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strange but good news I think, behaviour

Martin7

Warren Scout
Well.. to cut a long story short, I've been struggling with my bun for several weeks who had emergency dental and stasis, he's eating, drinking, and is pooping every day though they constantly vary in shape and size etc, not poorly poorly, but not fully himself either, numerous vet trips, meds, round the clock critical care etc etc. but we've been sleeping downstairs in the lounge as it's nearer the kitchen etc, and just easier that way..

Anyway, he's mostly just been sitting, but not laying down or chilling out properly and not quite as energetic as usual but still has the run around and a small play of a night, but just generally looking fed up, kind of depressed.

soo.. in january I had a spontanious pnumothorax (collapsed lung) and after coming out of hospital basically bun and I moved upstairs and I pretty much spent the week in the bedroom with kettle etc (like a small b & b) heh, whilst I rested and recovered properly and kind of setup my bedroom as a healing space.

I bought one of the mats from my bedroom downstairs for him, and as soon as he smelt it he suddenly perked up, so I put it down for him and ten minutes later he was flopped out on it.. in a way I havn't seen him do for weeks:O...Strange I Thought but was sooo good to see.

Then last night I was upstairs looking for something and he followed me about 10 mins later, and was nudging the spare/junk room door for me to open it (he loves going in there and climbing all over everything) I though it was good he followed me and wanted to do that so I let him in the spare room, then went and sat on my bed in the "bedroom" whilst he had a play next door..

Then all of a sudden he came whizzing out of the spare room and binkied right across the bedroom and bunny hopping and twirling (I havnt seen him do that for months) he was sooo happy, he was whizzing around and almost like his old self.. Even stranger I thought!.. so I had the idea to maybe move back upstairs again for the night and see how he is as he obviously seemed much happier in the bedroom for some reason than downstairs in the lounge. So I bought his foods and things up and he was straight in his food ate loads, then flopped out..

he spent the night being really reallly active through the night (far more so than downstairs) and was whizzing around, chilling out, flopping almost like his normal self and this morning there was a nice batch of poops.. he hasn't gone back downstairs either and seems to want to stay upstairs? so we moved back upstairs as it's the best I've seen him so far

but I can't work out why though, and how, and why the sudden change from just moving to the bedroom as he's been fine downstairs for the last 3 years, then followed me to bed of a night, but now he seems to want to live upstairs in the bedroom.. but when were downstairs he seems depressed???

I've been telling myself it's because he knew this is where I rejuvinated sort of thing when I was ill and that somehow he feels better and safer up here.., but the change in him was amazing...but I'm confused because I can't figure it out.. I'm also putting his signs of feeling better down to bunnybabe who kindly sent me some fiber pellet formula and encouragement, and thumps who has been very insightful and helpful and given me a lot of direction and wisdom, and all the help from everyone on here.

I was wondering if anyone else experienced something like this where a bun seems poorlier in one room than an other.. I'm not sure if there is maybe something in the room even affecting him, but I don't smoke or use any sort of chemicals and there is nothing new in the room, just cant work it out.. hes not 100% yet, but seems so much better up here than he is downstairs:S

open to all and any possible thoughts, ideas etc..

seems we will be practically living in my bedroom for a while though anyway..

hmmm

Last edited:
It sounds very strange indeed, but glad he is seeming better. The only thing I can think of is electrical equipment, and whether something downstairs is emitting a noise at a frequency he can hear but you cannot, or some kind of other electromagnetic signal that is upsetting him.

Back