• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Steve's gone to the vets with 2 bunnies and coming back with 3!/ vibes needed

She hasn't touched her food :(

All she is doing is hopping from one side of the cage to another moving bits of hay around. She doesn't seem to want to settle. very strange :?

Hmmmm:? If you hadnt had a u/s.........:shock:she's one gorgeous little lady though :love::love: and I love her name!!!

Aw, poor little mite. She's so lucky to have been found and rescued; by the sound of it she wouldn't have lasted long with the 'care' she was receiving before.
Lots of nomming vibes for Valerie ... love the name, it really suits her :love:

She hasn't touched her food :(

All she is doing is hopping from one side of the cage to another moving bits of hay around. She doesn't seem to want to settle. very strange :?

Hmmm - might the US not have picked up kits if they were literally 'on the way'?

I have no idea, I have only ever had one rabbit give birth here 9 years ago and I didn't know she was pregnant until I found the babies :shock: I guess time will tell

She has had a nibble of shredded greens now and loves head rubs :love:

:(Awwww what a poor little girl, god only knows what she has been through, I'm guessing she hasn't smelt or seen her own kind if she was 'imprisoned' for some time so might just be a bit stressy - if only they could talk I bet all would become clear, **** diet, no hay, no exercise, no attention stuck in hutch and probably deliberately let go because they couldn't be bothered anymore - I hope she is able to turn it around - she looks quite young, how old did the vet reckon she was?

[admin edit - if a word is stared out don't edit your post to spell it out instead]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about age, she looks fairly young, although obviously her teeth aren't great :?

She didn't have a thorough check just a US as the vet popped out to see us inbetween post op phone calls and the other vets were on lunch. She is booked for a full health check on Friday, unless any obvious problem comes up before then. Thought I would give her a few days to settle in :)

I don't know about age, she looks fairly young, although obviously her teeth aren't great :?

She didn't have a thorough check just a US as the vet popped out to see us inbetween post op phone calls and the other vets were on lunch. She is booked for a full health check on Friday, unless any obvious problem comes up before then. Thought I would give her a few days to settle in :)

Awww fingers crossed then for her at least she is safe and snug now, poor little thing she must have been absolutely terrified while they were trying to catch her, at least they did the right thing and got her to safety. I hope she will be alright and have a second chance at life, sounds like she deserves some happiness now, I wouldn't hand her over to anyone anyway, they weren't looking after her very well to let her get like that, maybe she is starving - I mean in the sense that horses can get distended can't they if they have had a bad diet, maybe she has just been eating too much green or hasn't eaten much for a while, will you syringe some fibreplex or critical care if she hasn't eaten by tonight? I will send you a small donation towards her costs Liz xx

Her big stomach couldn't be cancer could it? If she's not been spayed... :(
But I hope all goes well with her. Have her teeth been done because she might be in too much pain to eat?

what a pretty lady, I hope she settles down soon. Fingers crossed for Valerie, give her a head rub from me!:love:

Her big stomach couldn't be cancer could it? If she's not been spayed... :(
But I hope all goes well with her. Have her teeth been done because she might be in too much pain to eat?

Knowing my luck it probably is cancer :roll: but I am hoping that would have shown up on the scan too.

I can imagine she is in pain with her teeth, but she is so bright. If she hasn't eaten a bit more by later this evening I will give her some metacam as the vets have all said she isn't pregnant

Oh poor bunny :( I'd have thought they'd have seen tumours on the u/s too.

It couldn't just be something daft like worms or an incredibly poor, low fibre diet could it? I've seen buns before with really round 'podgy' doughy feeling bellies where they've been fed on random stuff like bread and mashed potato :?

I do hope the little one is ok, she has certainly landed on her paws finding her way to you.

Everything crossed for Eddie and Dave on Friday too xxx

Everything crossed for Eddie and Dave on Friday too xxx

Thank you. As you can imagine I have given up on bonding my 4 some. Daisy has cancer and an abscess, Dave now has tummy and dental problems, Wes has a sprained leg and Eddie has an infection and needs a dental, so its not really going that great :roll::(

Aw Liz - she is beautiful and has obviously landed on all four paws with you and Steve. I hope she'll be ok and am sending tons of vibes for Dave and Eddie xx

What a pretty bunny! Very pleased that she's with you, and hope it all goes well for the bunnies on Friday.

Valerie is doing Ok today :)

She has eaten a few SS pellets over night and nibbled her veg. She also loves those natural herb stick things, although I peeled the paper off it for her.

She seems such a friendly girl and loves her head rubs :love: I can't wait until she is out of quarantine and can have a good run in the garden :)

Good to hear she's eating a bit. :) How long will she be in quarantine for? She is such a pretty girl. :love:

Back