• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Steve's gone to the vets with 2 bunnies and coming back with 3!/ vibes needed

Poor Valerie! She is very pretty though. :love: Hope she didn't scratch too much with those claws. :shock: I suppose it is some relief that she isn't pregnant ...

The vet thought she was pregnant too until she did the U/S, which is why she called all the other vets off their lunch break to have a look!

I can't see that removing her teeth would be an option her jaw bone would shatter. I am surprised that she doesn't have abscesses yet.

Having had a chat to Steve ( I have hardly seen him to talk to today) it seems the rabbit was loose in a garage block for some flats, some kids caught it and gave it to the lady, who rang the vets. So if she isn't pregnant, I am guessing she has been sat in a tiny hutch and just had food thrown at her and no exercise for the past year or so :? :( and that her hutch has accidentally been left open by kids on school holidays :?

While she is very nervous, she is quite easy to handle :)

So if she isn't pregnant, I am guessing she has been sat in a tiny hutch and just had food thrown at her and no exercise for the past year or so :? :( and that her hutch has accidentally been left open by kids on school holidays :?

While she is very nervous, she is quite easy to handle :)

That's quite probable - lets hope no-one claims her

That's quite probable - lets hope no-one claims her

I was wondering if she might be claimed, but Steve collected her without giving any info, so the owner would have to find who took her in ,then ring our vets and our vet would then have to contact us. So hopefully that will be too much trouble for someone who obviously doesn't care that much about their bunny

Sorry to hear about all her problems :( but i'm glad she's found someone so lovely to look after her.

If it weren't for the ultrasound i'd say the vets had it wrong because mine have made mistakes over pregnant bunnies i've had before... "No, she's not pregnant, just overweight".... *a week later 7 babies arrive* :roll:

Here are a few better pictures of her. She is very interested in whats going on and will comeover for a head rub :love: She is having a strop with her hay but doesn't seem to be able to eat it :?

from the front she really doesn't look like she should weigh over 2.5kg :?

P8030564.jpg

P8030567.jpg

P8030566.jpg

P8030565.jpg

Last edited:
She's cute :love:
Glad that Steve collected her!
Her future looked very dim.
It's pure fate, she's so lucky to have found you :love:

Just seen the lovely new photos! :love::wave: She's landed on her paws - did you manage to get them clipped?

Liz, shes lovely and its obviously fate.

At least the fact that we can help her makes me feel a bit better about the 2 we didn;t collect at the weekend :(

Valerie reminds me of the group that stayed here for a bit a couple of years ago from the blackpool 50, if anyone remembers them. I still remember hawkbit so clearly even though he was only here 48 hours before loosing his fight :(

:wave: Hi Susan, yes I cut her claws straight away, she was very well behaved :D

she's beautiful:love:

just doesn't make sense does it :? i really do hate some people:evil: someone has let this poor girl get like that. how can she still eat with such a poorly mouth?

glad she's safe now x

She's very pretty :love:

So glad she managed to find her way to you.

I'm so angry how people manage to letb their animals get into such state.

Even if I've had flu I've still managed to do litter trays/feed etc even if I havn't spent alot of time with them.

I thought it strange that her tootsies looked nice and clean ??

aww the new pictures are :love::love:
Valerie is very pretty, and I bet shes relieved to have had her claws done.

Oh my goodness! :shock: Thank God you were able able to take her in. I bet Valerie is feeling much better already. :)

She hasn't touched her food :(

All she is doing is hopping from one side of the cage to another moving bits of hay around. She doesn't seem to want to settle. very strange :?

She hasn't touched her food :(

All she is doing is hopping from one side of the cage to another moving bits of hay around. She doesn't seem to want to settle. very strange :?

I'm REALLY hoping she's having a phantom and the vets didn't miss anything :shock:
Might just be a lot of upheaval in such a short time thats making her edgy.
Fingers crossed for her.
x
ETA: Have you tried any of Eddies special noms for her?

Back