• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Starfish is holding her own! Looking back.

Thanks all, I will need vibes in the morning for learning how to give her fluids.
Please don't let me hurt her.

Sending vibes for both you and Starfish tomorrow. I'll be out until evening but will check later to see if there is any news. :wave:

Well I have just given her 10mls of fluids. I managed to get the needle in the right place first time and she had the same size lump - looked like the one Morse had a couple of weeks ago - when I finished that she had at the vets. The wee soul didn't even flinch:(.

No change in her behaviour yet. She is still just hiding out in her box in the run today. When I went to bring her out this morning she was not with the other two and lying on her own. I just feel she is really unhappy.

I was amazed by Floppy when we got back from the vet. Normally he grooms her head and eyes but he went straight to her back where the fluid was sitting and gave her a long groom there.:love::love:

Aww good luck giving her fluids :) Hope it helps and she gets better soon. Now you've done it once should be a doddle next time, just make sure they're nice and warm beforehand and a nice massage (or bunny groom!) after :)

Aww good luck giving her fluids :) Hope it helps and she gets better soon. Now you've done it once should be a doddle next time, just make sure they're nice and warm beforehand and a nice massage (or bunny groom!) after :)

Thanks, i find it quite daunting poking a needle into a rabbit! And doing it four times a day even worse.:)

Thanks, i find it quite daunting poking a needle into a rabbit! And doing it four times a day even worse.:)

I know how you feel, I'm a student vet nurse and just getting used to giving injections, I don't mind when they're under GA but when they're awake I always feel a bit mean. Injected a puppy with antibiotics the other day and it's one that stings when you inject it. He was not happy :( Bunnies are harder too due to thin skin and not much of it a lot of the time! And trying to find a new site can be hard too as they get sore quickly. I'm sure you'll soon be a pro though! Just try not to think too much about what you're doing, just the fact it's helping. :)

I know how you feel, I'm a student vet nurse and just getting used to giving injections, I don't mind when they're under GA but when they're awake I always feel a bit mean. Injected a puppy with antibiotics the other day and it's one that stings when you inject it. He was not happy :( Bunnies are harder too due to thin skin and not much of it a lot of the time! And trying to find a new site can be hard too as they get sore quickly. I'm sure you'll soon be a pro though! Just try not to think too much about what you're doing, just the fact it's helping. :)

Thanks for that!!

I recently had to inject a bunny everday for two weeks whilst the owner was on holiday. Daunting at first, but managed it with no problems.

You can do it and everything will be fine. :D:D

I recently had to inject a bunny everday for two weeks whilst the owner was on holiday. Daunting at first, but managed it with no problems.

You can do it and everything will be fine. :D:D

Thanks!

Went to get her for her fourth one of the day. She dashed to the back of the hutch and was in a panic and grunting when I picked her up. Is it worth putting her through this?:cry: She doesn't love being picked up normally but she just cuddles in quietly and still. Tonight she jumped up my chest like she does in the vet.

it's woprth it if it saves her life..or if it extends her life and makes it less painful..which hopefully what getting fluids into her will do
Don't feel bad about it..you are doing it for her..just always sad we can't explain this to them.
Hugs to you and noserubs to the gorgeous girlie xx

Thanks!

Went to get her for her fourth one of the day. She dashed to the back of the hutch and was in a panic and grunting when I picked her up. Is it worth putting her through this?:cry: She doesn't love being picked up normally but she just cuddles in quietly and still. Tonight she jumped up my chest like she does in the vet.

Starfish will forgive. Babydarling stayed well away from me for a few weeks after giving him meds and eye drops for a few weeks.

Sounds like she maybe picking up on your anxiety, because I know how much I would freak out having to do meds.

I think its worth it, it must be less stressful than a vets.

it's woprth it if it saves her life..or if it extends her life and makes it less painful..which hopefully what getting fluids into her will do
Don't feel bad about it..you are doing it for her..just always sad we can't explain this to them.
Hugs to you and noserubs to the gorgeous girlie xx

Thanks Jill, I am so grateful for your backup. I know you love her as much as I do.

Back