• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Starfish is holding her own! Looking back.

Today is a wonderful day. I was gently teasing out the matts on her back paws when she started licking my chest! She did it over and over so it wasn't a mistake! I feel soooo lucky!:love::love:

I have let them free range in the garden again at the moment because the kids are back at school tomorrow and life will be more settled. Some days she comes out and has a runaround and others she stays quietly in the run. She is doing well, quietly in her own wee way.:love:

How absolutely wonderful for both of you!!!

No doubt a very, very special moment for you aliduncan.

Pity you can't bottle up such beautiful times and open them up as and when required in the future.

We are so pleased with such positive news. :D:D:D

Aww, bless her! :love: What a lovely big pile of grass she is tucking into. :D

I see Master Floppy wants to be a film star too. ;)

oh isnt she looking great! bless her...and Floppy! eeek...having some grass too..such alovely pile of noms!:love::love:

I'm so sorry I've missed this thread until now, but I've read right through.
My heart goes out to you.
Your care of Starfish is exemplary. I cannot imagine better, & feel that you are being repaid for your deep understanding, consideration, & love by extended time with her. That time is true quality time for her.

If it helps at all I've noticed that when Thumper feels less well, he refuses to go out, & moves very little. TBH it distresses me greatly. However it's almost as though he rests to preserve every drop of energy he's got to keep going.

I'm so sorry I've missed this thread until now, but I've read right through.
My heart goes out to you.
Your care of Starfish is exemplary. I cannot imagine better, & feel that you are being repaid for your deep understanding, consideration, & love by extended time with her. That time is true quality time for her.

If it helps at all I've noticed that when Thumper feels less well, he refuses to go out, & moves very little. TBH it distresses me greatly. However it's almost as though he rests to preserve every drop of energy he's got to keep going.

Thank you Judy, I am very lucky to have her. There are five tumours I can feel now and the one at the original site seems to grow daily. As long as she is mobile and munching we will keep going with the metacam. I have permission to give it twice daily but she doesn't need that yet.:)

Your comments are very kind and now I am a bit :oops:.:lol::lol:

Thanks both! It is lovely watching her potter around just being a bunny. She was out today munching the grass and having a big run around. For her it was as fast as she goes and it is great seeing her want to be out exploring. I have never seen her do a binky although I don't need to to know she is doing ok.

The other skill she has developed is knowing when the food bowls come out it's time for bed. I walk behind her an she scampers into bed. It's a long way from shouting OH to come and help me shepherd her inside!:lol:

Thank you both. This wee girl deserves the best after her rotten life before Jill rescued her. I think Floppy being such an attentive partner must be lovely for her and Millie is there to flop out with now and again!

Back