• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stanley Has Bloat - U/D 18th March - Stan is BETTER !! :-)

Stanley will be having diagnostics tomorrow as he is still hardly eating and although his bloat has resolved his abdomen remains very tender. He is only passing tiny pinhead poos and he is very quiet.

Stanley is about 7 years of age and has never had Dental problems. Until this illness he was an excellent hay eater. However, experience is now telling me that older Rabbits (6-7 years) do appear to develope molar problems regardless of no previous history of any Dental problems and having always been a good hay eater.

I dont know if Dental problems are the primary cause of Stanley illness but its a possibility. I just hate seeing him so miserable and all the meds he has been having since Sunday are not getting him better :cry:

Good luck with the vets tomorrow. I hope that they can find out what's wrong with Stanley and cure him.

Stanley will be having diagnostics tomorrow as he is still hardly eating and although his bloat has resolved his abdomen remains very tender. He is only passing tiny pinhead poos and he is very quiet.

Stanley is about 7 years of age and has never had Dental problems. Until this illness he was an excellent hay eater. However, experience is now telling me that older Rabbits (6-7 years) do appear to develope molar problems regardless of no previous history of any Dental problems and having always been a good hay eater.

I dont know if Dental problems are the primary cause of Stanley illness but its a possibility. I just hate seeing him so miserable and all the meds he has been having since Sunday are not getting him better :cry:

Tell me about it Jane!! I took my trio in for their myxi jabs and asked vet to check Tim as his eye was a bit watery yesterday(ok today though:roll:) and decided to ask her to give all 3 a quick dental check. Turns out that all 3 are needing some sort of dental treatment. Bournville is 6 and has never had any problems and is a great hay eater..all 3 are. Tim is going to be xrayed as his jaw feels a bit lumpy and I want to know exactly what I'm dealing with, and Fliss's jaw is alightly misaligned and one tooth seems to be growing out of position. Bournville's back teeth are very long on one side and although it doesn't seem to be causing any problems on his tongue at the moment they could do with some burring. So next Tuesday they're all going in for their very first dentals.
Vibes for Stanley!!

This is so sad sending massive healing vibes beautiful Stanleys way.Arent buns such complex little creatures

Stan has perked up a lot over the last couple of hours !!
For the first time since Sunday morning he has 'life' in his eyes again.
Just done his injections and examined his tum and he no longer appears to have any pain and there are some much stronger gut sounds.
He has also eaten some Wagg Guinea Pig Pellets (.....dont ask !!) and is now eating some grass with real enthusiasm.

I dare not say more but...................................

Stanley's def feeling better, he is going around chinning everything :)
I think I have my Stan back..........................:)

Thats great news :) If he continues to improve are you still taking him for tests or leaving well alone?

I will call Christabel first thing tomorrow and see what she says :)
Jo is in for her spay so if Christabel thinks Stanley should have any tests I can take him in too

xx

That is brilliant news. :) Well done Stanley.....and you too Jane. :)

Hope all goes well for Jo's spay tomorrow.

Back