• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stanley Has Bloat - U/D 18th March - Stan is BETTER !! :-)

I have just given Stan more fluids and pain relief.
I then gave him some gentle abdominal massage and he produced these

018-13.jpg

The first poos for over 24 hours.
I dare not get my hopes up again though.............

(((Jane))) im so sorry to hear hes still not doing too well....i really really hope he pickes up soon..if his tummy seems normal and theres movement and hes on fluids pain meds etc..theres really not much else you can do but sit and wait...

Was there any possibility he may have had a slight blockage at all? i will be keeping my fingers crossed for this little fella....come on stanley poop like youve never pooped before.

Unfortunately Stanley is still a poorly boy :cry:
He has nibbled at a bit of food and passed a few more pinhead poos. But he still has a lot of abdominal pain, particularly in the lower right quadrant. There does not appear to be any 'mass' as such but it is obviously painful :cry:
He will continue on treatment for another 24 hours but if no improvement we will have to consider what best to do for him .......

If there is no mass, then it should be good news. At the very least, it's much better story than what happened to Monty, in which they dig out "green liquid + some substance" from his stomach.

based on everything you just said, it looks a lot like Stanley is recovering gradually. There is no blockage, so the poos are slowly coming out.

Last edited:
Back