• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spongey tummy u/d all better now! :D

Only you can decide. :) It's so hard to call it, especially as none of us are there. Jazzy turned out to be really ill, while Alfie made a miraculous recovery as soon as I parted with my cash at the vets. :roll::lol:

What time did you get in? Just wondering how long Beau's definitely been like this, but bear in mind too that you don't know how long he was quiet for before you came home.

We got in about 7:30, so only 3 hours I guess. :?

Sending lots of vibes, really hoping the ranitidine & infacol help.

Do you have any critical care? Could you give him a bit to see if that helps also?

Also another idea, does sound gross but what about caecotrophs from another "healthy" bun mashed up with some water & syringe fed ? Sounds gross but has worked for me on several occasions where my buns have had tummy probs not something that is proven and has mixed opinions, but I's maybe give it a go

XX

What's your instinct telling you?

I think go to the vet, but OH thinks not. His point is every time we've been to the vet they've done little more than take my money (and large amounts of it at that). Even over 3 days last time the vet was unable to help him, until finally we took him to a local rescue lady, and she got him going with 20ml critical care and an injection of metoclopramide. Literally within minutes he was eating again :roll:

I keep saying to OH if we didn't do anything and something happens we'd never forgive ourselves. He keeps saying it's 50:50 and could go either way, we've previously gone down the vet route and it hasn't worked, so maybe patience and not getting him stressed might help.

Thanks everyone for the vibes :)

I think go to the vet, but OH thinks not. His point is every time we've been to the vet they've done little more than take my money (and large amounts of it at that). Even over 3 days last time the vet was unable to help him, until finally we took him to a local rescue lady, and she got him going with 20ml critical care and an injection of metoclopramide. Literally within minutes he was eating again :roll:

I keep saying to OH if we didn't do anything and something happens we'd never forgive ourselves. He keeps saying it's 50:50 and could go either way, we've previously gone down the vet route and it hasn't worked, so maybe patience and not getting him stressed might help.

Thanks everyone for the vibes :)

Yes I see your dilemma, it's a tough one, it makes you wonder how these little things stuck at the bottom of the garden get on when they are probably locked up for the night ages ago? It is a tough choice and as I said your the only one with your OH who can decide, you can see him, you know him etc etc I do hope he will perk up for you or that the vet will sort him-whichever way you go I hope it works out well xx

Anxiously awaiting news.....
I just saw this thread and am worried for your little one as well. Vibes are coming from Canada, too!

Well, it took until about 2am, but he finally started eating!! So we went to sleep, have just woken up to all his food gone and poo EVERYWHERE :D:D:D He's been binkying around and being a right mischief! :roll: :love::love::love:

Thanks for all the vibes, advice and concern, you guys are awesome :D:love:

Yay that's great news :D what a relief! Think if I were you Id defo go and get an emergency bottle of metacam just incase he decides to have another little episode at some point coz you know it always happens out of hours :lol:

Well, it took until about 2am, but he finally started eating!! So we went to sleep, have just woken up to all his food gone and poo EVERYWHERE :D:D:D He's been binkying around and being a right mischief! :roll: :love::love::love:

Thanks for all the vibes, advice and concern, you guys are awesome :D:love:

Awwww so delighted to hear that, that's great :love::love:

Back