• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spayed female bun mounting neutered male bun

xsuzimoox

New Kit
I have a bonded female and male pair, both spayed/neutered and happily bonded for over a year. Recently I've noticed Mei (the female) mounting Wicket (the male). He doesn't seem too bothered by it, and they still seem very happy together, grooming each other, laying together etc. I'm assuming Mei is trying to show dominance, but was wondering if anyone else has any experience of this behaviour? Is it normal?

My pair are a very happy couple - but my female will sometimes mount my male. It doesn't bother him - but it does look a bit ridiculous as she's about a third his size!

I put it down to Spring Fever and nothing bad has ever come of it.

Jelly (neutered girl) mounts Popcorn (neutered boy) every morning when I fill their food bowl. Popcorn doesn't care at all and nothing happened. I was a bit worried when Jelly first mounted Popcorn after neutering but since nothing happened I just think Jelly is trying to show him she is the boss, but the result is she is always mounting Popcorn while he munching on their food... stupid girl:lol::lol::lol:

Back