• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sore hocks

My Mini had a dislocated hip when she was about 6 months old (she flicked herself out of my arms, she was very flighty and strong then, and fell half onto a stool :shock:) her hock on that foot is a bit sore, her other is fine so stuff like that does affect it.

to be honest teh megazorb lining teh whole hucth is impossible for me to do as no where near me sells it so i would have to order it ove rthe internet.. clean it every day il basically be spending to much a week on it :?

im going to use vet bed have ordered a large roll of it from ebay which im going to layer the whole hutch with see if this makes a differance first, however i will be ordering megazorb for the litter trays i just cant use it for the whole hutch unfortunatly :(

thanks for all your replies guys

Louise, theres a shop on ebay in morpeth that sells the bed vetting hes very reasonable! :D and dispatchs very quickly to! My 2 lots i bought have lasted ages and still look brand new! :)

phoebesmummy,

I am looking for a bit too, but I can't tell which seller you mean on Ebay could you pm me with a link or something?

We used vet beds and fleece blankets for our sore hock foster bun and they worked very well for him indeed. We used megazorb in the litter tray but to be honest he was in so much pain and discomfort he couldn't even stand on that so we ended up with vet bed strips on top of the megazorb in his tray (which meant picking out his droppings throughout the day so he didn't stand on those either! :roll:) But it worked :D
Just a tip - when you use vet beds they work much better at providing a flexible surface if you pad them from underneath with layers of towels (for absorbency as well).

Back