• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sore hocks that have opened up and started bleeding?

Ouch! That looks so sore :( I normally use aloe vera gel (the sort without too many additives) for guinea pig feet, but those look maybe too sore for that.

I think one looks a bit better maybe? But the other one might be worse :( I've just been putting sudocrem on it coz stuff still hasn't arrived. But I'm a bit worried about how much sudocrem she's probably ingesting.. I know you said a little won't hurt, but could a lot? [emoji51] Problem with Clementine is she grooms things to death. She made her neck bald before when emeprid got on it, I'm actually wondering if applying stuff is making her groom more.. Idk! Do you think I should be worried about her ingesting a fair amount of sudocrem? :(
8e4f957799345f559a4d8bcf4d51eebe.jpg
473a4982fa7946fe7b5b859605575919.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Try just Meloxicam daily. It could be that she has arthritis now due to the orthopaedic surgery she had. So she is not weight bearing evenly.

If you continue with the Sudocrem, then just use the smallest amount and gently rub it in. She would have to ingest a vast amount for it to cause serious harm.

Have you tried Derbeymed SCP Spray ?

Try just Meloxicam daily. It could be that she has arthritis now due to the orthopaedic surgery she had. So she is not weight bearing evenly.

If you continue with the Sudocrem, then just use the smallest amount and gently rub it in. She would have to ingest a vast amount for it to cause serious harm.

Have you tried Derbeymed SCP Spray ?

Okay, I'll try not putting any on for a few days just loxicom, thanks :) if I think it needs some I'll put a tiny amount on.

Yea that's the one I decided to order! But its still not arrived! Gunna email them [emoji51] if she ingests the spray will it be okay? [emoji51]

I just looked on amazon for it was thinking fast delivery, but they don't have any, but this came up

Vetericyn Wound and Skincare - Liquid Spray - 236ml https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002YHL82G/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_J1N4RE9E5G78SDB1ZM3Q

Do you think this is worth giving a go? Might be totally different Idk [emoji51]

Last edited:
Okay, I'll try not putting any on for a few days just loxicom, thanks :) if I think it needs some I'll put a tiny amount on.

Yea that's the one I decided to order! But its still not arrived! Gunna email them [emoji51] if she ingests the spray will it be okay? [emoji51]

I just looked on amazon for it was thinking fast delivery, but they don't have any, but this came up

Vetericyn Wound and Skincare - Liquid Spray - 236ml https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002YHL82G/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_J1N4RE9E5G78SDB1ZM3Q

Do you think this is worth giving a go? Might be totally different Idk [emoji51]

I can’t find the list of specific ingredients :?

I would ask William about using it. I never have, so I don’t feel able to advise. I would be interested to hear what he thinks :)

That spray just looks like a disinfectant - there's no cream or anything in it. It's essentially a bleach and saline.

That spray just looks like a disinfectant - there's no cream or anything in it. It's essentially a bleach and saline.
Yea the original one, derbymed SCP spray isn't a cream, it's an antiseptic wound spray, was just comparing the two

I would ask William about using it. I never have, so I don’t feel able to advise. I would be interested to hear what he thinks :)
If he's in yea [emoji51] he's the one that suggested prep h. But yea thanks, I've emailed about the SCP spray hopefully we get it soon [emoji51]

If he's in yea [emoji51] he's the one that suggested prep h. But yea thanks, I've emailed about the SCP spray hopefully we get it soon [emoji51]

I’d avoid the Prep H that contains Hydrocortisone. I think it’s called Prep H Hydrocortisone x

I’d avoid the Prep H that contains Hydrocortisone. I think it’s called Prep H Hydrocortisone x
Ah! I've seen some people online saying fusidic acid which I think is that too? Is good for them! I have some here but haven't used it. There's so much conflicting advice [emoji38] I'm hoping the spray arrives in the next day or so, gunna start there x

The one you linked on Amazon is totally different to the Derbymed SCP spray. Derbymed is more a spray on soothing / healing lotion, looking at the ingredients.The Amazon one is purely a liquid disinfectant / antiseptic spray - so you might as well use Hibiscrub instead of that one.

Hydrocortisone thins the skin with prolonged use - not what you need on sore hocks.

The one you linked on Amazon is totally different to the Derbymed SCP spray. Derbymed is more a spray on soothing / healing lotion, looking at the ingredients.The Amazon one is purely a liquid disinfectant / antiseptic spray - so you might as well use Hibiscrub instead of that one.

Hydrocortisone thins the skin with prolonged use - not what you need on sore hocks.

Yea it's just what amazon suggested [emoji38] and I was looking at the differences.

Ah that's interesting! I wonder why my vet suggested it then, he said he's seen a lot of success with it used on sore hocks

Same ingredient, just for a different use and probably a different strength.
Yea it was for Evelyn when she was super little, I think that's what I saw people saying they've used on hocks, I'm wondering if using in short term as it heals stuff fast but not long term as it thins is why William said about prep h! And why people have suggested it for hocks. I'm just wondering, not going to try it [emoji38] I'm not that adventurous when it comes to the buns, far too cautious [emoji38]

Back