• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sooty is off to the vets :( - U/D a few questions for you with dental buns pg 2

Hi....glad you have Sooty back,hopefully she will be back on form very soon.x

I have one dental bunny,Jasmine has had 2 dentals 3 months apart and had her incisors burred every 2-3 weeks in between that.

I have paid £90 for the first and £114 for the second but that included a tear duct flush too.

She's probably still a bit under the influence of drugs.
My boy isn't back to normal until the next day.
If she's still not eating it sounds like a syringe feed.
I reckon you may have to keep an eye on Sooty's gut until she's eating well again. Some probiotic in her water & fiber (hay) as soon as she can take it may help. (There's plenty of both in critical care.)

Awwww Kath, I am really sorry to hear that about Sooty, she isn't that old either is she? Bless her, I do hope that she doesn't have to go in too often, the Burns Oat Hay is really thick stalks and great for their teeth I think, I don't have any experience either of dental buns but the vet did say Ness might need hers doing when she is under for her spay, they aren't too bad but, they will check them while she is under. She certainly isn't off her food - eats like a little horse :lol: Hope she feels better soon poor Sooty, must be feeling very rough after all that, I looked at a video when they clamp the mouth open, it must be sore after bless her. xx

thanks everyone,

she is only 11 months old :cry: and she does eat LOADS of hay, where do you get your burns oat hay? I will give it a go. Their regular hay is quite thick but it is good to mix it up a bit anyway!
Sooty was eating like a horse right up to yesterday evening - surprising how quickly she went from eating to not eating - but I immediately knew something was wrong when she didnt come running out for her pellets last night!

Oreo will be as fat as a pig soon as he is eating for 2!! I will try and feed them seperately tonight. Oreo was so cute earlier I went up to try and tempt her with carrot through the bars but she didnt move - oreo came up ate half then took the other half over to sooty and dropped it at her feet :love: - I was so shocked as he has been been making the most of all this extra food :lol: Sooty is def more alert now as when I go upstairs she comes running up to me whereas last night and this morning she just sat huddled in the corner. She has been taking parsley and ate the carrot so hopefully she is perking up a bit now

thanks everyone,

she is only 11 months old :cry: and she does eat LOADS of hay, where do you get your burns oat hay? I will give it a go. Their regular hay is quite thick but it is good to mix it up a bit anyway!
Sooty was eating like a horse right up to yesterday evening - surprising how quickly she went from eating to not eating - but I immediately knew something was wrong when she didnt come running out for her pellets last night!

Oreo will be as fat as a pig soon as he is eating for 2!! I will try and feed them seperately tonight. Oreo was so cute earlier I went up to try and tempt her with carrot through the bars but she didnt move - oreo came up ate half then took the other half over to sooty and dropped it at her feet :love: - I was so shocked as he has been been making the most of all this extra food :lol: Sooty is def more alert now as when I go upstairs she comes running up to me whereas last night and this morning she just sat huddled in the corner. She has been taking parsley and ate the carrot so hopefully she is perking up a bit now

Awww thats good news, I get mine from Hayexperts.co.uk, I had a delivery of some lovely meadow hay today aswell, now they using Interlink aswell so you can go online on delivery day and see what hour slot your order is coming, really good. I ordered a load from Mybowow initially and as it was delayed ordered some from Hayexperts so ended up with 6 or 7 bags :lol: They are on their last one now so will have to order some more. They do like it. The stalks are really thick so I would imagine it might help. Have a browse and maybe order a couple of bags to try. x

I hope he's recovering fast:D Ling Jai has had 3 dentals in the past 2 or so year, the first 2 cost around £180 each and last months involved him staying in over night, but the bill came to just under £500 this time, clearly I'm being ripped off compared to what everyone else is paying:shock:

Sooty is great today thanks, she ate half a carrot and some pellets last night and when I got up this morning she can bounding over to the front of her cage as usual ready and waiting for her veggies - which she ate. she will be left TONS of hay today to nom nom on :lol:

I hope he's recovering fast:D Ling Jai has had 3 dentals in the past 2 or so year, the first 2 cost around £180 each and last months involved him staying in over night, but the bill came to just under £500 this time, clearly I'm being ripped off compared to what everyone else is paying:shock:

:shock: ouch! maybe you could ask on here for recommendations?

Sooty is great today thanks, she ate half a carrot and some pellets last night and when I got up this morning she can bounding over to the front of her cage as usual ready and waiting for her veggies - which she ate. she will be left TONS of hay today to nom nom on :lol:

really glad sooty is feeling better:D

Back