• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

someone please stop me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think its as risky as any other op but you'd have to be prepared to mush food up everyday for him i have to do this for my Guinea Pig and it can be a pain at times especially when im pushed for time etc. but i do think Blue may feel more happier and comfortable if his teeth are causing him so many problems that they are removed, tooth problems can also cause mouth ulcers so you'll be decreasing teh chance of them as well (i think) and you'll also save money on dentals in the long run but its obviously your personal choice in teh end of the day.

the reason why i mentioned about getting tests done on blues mis-balance is because my Honey had breathing problems my vet never ran tests she just put it down to a dust allergy a few months later Honey was dead it made me wonder whether there was more to honeys breathing problems then just a dust allergy that my vet first put it down to :) again its your personal decision whether or not you have tests done. either way i wont think any less of you as a bunny owner

Thankyou, i'll talk to my mum about getting Blue's teeth done, and he could ahev soem x-rays done whilst he is under GA to see if there is anythign wrong with his spine/back legs. If they can't find anything, i'll see about getting tests done :)
his mouth has started to get sore again, so he will need another dental soon. Maybe he'd be happier with no teeth instead of getting a very sore mouth. I don't mind mushing food up for him :)

Beth, You amaze me! We all want to help rabbits but it gets to a point when you arent actually helping them at all :? I agree with the others - put your time and energy into the pets you already have!!!

How come we say this to some members yet encourage other members to keep getting more and more pets? I agree that Beth has enough to deal with at the moment but it must be hard for her to understand why she can't have several rabbits when the forum opening praises other members for having a ridiculous amount

How come we say this to some members yet encourage other members to keep getting more and more pets? I agree that Beth has enough to deal with at the moment but it must be hard for her to understand why she can't have several rabbits when the forum opening praises other members for having a ridiculous amount

Beth is still quite young i think, and she has had numerous problems with buns over time, of which she has come on here seeking advice then gone against it :?

Anyway, Beth, i dont think you should get Blue a friend just yet - the new baby might just be as lively etc.. and you'll probably end up having to separate them. Why not let Blue get better first and see what the situation is after that? :D

I think I agree with this. It's something that's puzzled me for a while. ^^;

I'm not going to pretend to understand the situation Beth has with her bunnies, but... I thought that Daisy had recently passed away... so she had 6 bunnies before, why is her getting another now suddenly 'too many'? I mean, apart from the bonding with a weak rabbit. I agree that it would be better to have him returned to full health, if possible, and for any rabbit to be bonded to be spayed/neutered. ^^ But if that was done, I don't really understand why it would be such a bad idea for Beth to adopt another rabbit when she has owned that many before...? But that's just me being nosey, hehe.

i think were overlooking something here. have you ever had it when an animal has passed away and though u dont want to replace them...you have an aempty hole where they should be? Im ot sayign shes trying to replace daisy but evenw ith that smmount of pets...you can still try to fix the gap thats been created. I think youre trying to recreate what you in a way had qwith daisy beth...and i think you need to let it heal first. im not judging you at all.

As for blue, i would get him better, get magic fixed and then see they can be rebonded :D

Are there any rescues near you that may be able to take this bun in?

Although if she is from a breeder I guess they may be reluctant unless she is in danger [sorry, not sure how everyone operates, feel free to correct me if I am wrong]

I think it's just a money and age issue really. I only have 9 rabbits because I work and can afford to keep 9 rabbits, including emergency vets fees at £200 a time.

I do agree that there are double standards sometimes. Especially when people are encouraged to get more rabbits immediately after rehoming their old rabbits or when their rabbit/s died from obvious cases of neglect. :(

I think I agree with this. It's something that's puzzled me for a while. ^^;

I'm not going to pretend to understand the situation Beth has with her bunnies, but... I thought that Daisy had recently passed away... so she had 6 bunnies before, why is her getting another now suddenly 'too many'? I mean, apart from the bonding with a weak rabbit. I agree that it would be better to have him returned to full health, if possible, and for any rabbit to be bonded to be spayed/neutered. ^^ But if that was done, I don't really understand why it would be such a bad idea for Beth to adopt another rabbit when she has owned that many before...? But that's just me being nosey, hehe.

Well i dont want to go into things as its not my place to say it, but Beth has had numerous problems with buns (mating them, saying she cant afford to spay/neuter them, cant afford vet treatment etc) and then asking on another forum how she would go about giving her animals up :? I think she should concentrate on the buns she has rather than adding another! I know she posted some time back that she was struggling with just 2 buns and then the next thing we know she has added number 3 & 4.

People give her alot of advice on here which she generally ignores, and i think people are just a little frustrated.

(Beth, this is in no way an attack on you!)

beth,

it is so hard when you see an animal for free. the amount of times ive seen a dog or another rabbit offered free to good home. i have to tell myself over and over again its not practical and managable. sometimes i do find the odd thought sneeking in which makes me think otherwise but i have to blow it away.
you also need to think of your parents. there are alot of pets in your household and horseriding lessons arent cheap either. so maybe think of how much money your parents are spending on all this aswell.they could be struggling just to make sure your happy. my 2 rabbits cost me loads each month i dread to think how much your parents are paying

This I agree with.

beth,

it is so hard when you see an animal for free. the amount of times ive seen a dog or another rabbit offered free to good home. i have to tell myself over and over again its not practical and managable. sometimes i do find the odd thought sneeking in which makes me think otherwise but i have to blow it away.
you also need to think of your parents. there are alot of pets in your household and horseriding lessons arent cheap either. so maybe think of how much money your parents are spending on all this aswell.they could be struggling just to make sure your happy. my 2 rabbits cost me loads each month i dread to think how much your parents are paying

Some good points raised here too.

Everyone stop attacking Beth she only asked for advice, I think certain peopel on here have been patronising and hypocritical and should look at their own situations before having a go at others :D

Everyone stop attacking Beth she only asked for advice, I think certain peopel on here have been patronising and hypocritical and should look at their own situations before having a go at others :D

I have not witnessed anybody 'attacking' Beth - she said 'somebody stop me!' and people have pointed out numerous reasons why she shouldn't get another bun.

I don't think they're being patronising either, after all Beth *is* a child :rolleyes: [sorry, cavysrock :)]

I can't comment on anyone elses situation but my own though, obviously you take more notice of everyone elses situation with their buns but I really don't think anyone on this thread has been intentionally mean.

when anyone asks for advice - why are peoples opionions and advice classed as attacking?! arent people allowed to give their thoughts when they have been asked for!

when anyone asks for advice - why are peoples opionions and advice classed as attacking?! arent people allowed to give their thoughts when they have been asked for!

Aw, no. I think if someone asks for advice then just because that which is given might not be what the person wants to hear, it can't be counted as attacking. But sometimes I've noticed - and not this specific topic, really, this one thus far is polite - that people can be a bit... blunt. It's difficult to get emotion or intention across, via the internet, and things can be misunderstood... Things can look harsher than they're meant to, I guess. Sometimes I've read things on here and wondered if the person who typed them really gave much thought to the other person's feelings, though. I guess it can be kind of tricky. :)

Thankyou everyone, this mornign I couldn't belive I ahd actually thought about anotehr bunny, it was a spur of the moment kind of thing :D
So yay! you sucessfully stopped me :lol:
yeah I am a child, I couldn't own the pets I have now woithout some funding from my parents, I have nevers aid I am the one who pays for everything :)

I don't ignore people's advice, if i did my bunies would still be in 4ft hutches eating russel rabbit and hardly getting any hay :oops: but now they ahev 4ftx4ft sheds, ss and loads of lurvely hay :)
and i wouldn't of spent 7 months begging ym mum to let me spay teh girls :lol:

beth,
my 2 rabbits cost me loads each month i dread to think how much your parents are paying

a month, excluding vet bills cos they don''t go once a month, costs me with my 5 about £38 :) £2 for a bale of hay, £16 for a sack of food (lasts more than a month) £10 on vegetables :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back