• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some woman just jumped over my back garden wall to ask about my rabbits?

Thanks for asking. Rough night sleep- slept next to the window near the buns. I was waking up panicking every few hours and checking outside the window.

I'm downstairs this morning with a direct view out of the window. I feel abit helpless going anywhere until my other half gets back so i can ask him to keep an eye on them for me.

Thanks for the idea about the tin cans, That might work for the night time.

Ambience xx

Awww.

Hope your OH gets back soon, has noone got a rotti you can borrow? I would lend you my jack russell if you were closer!! :wave:

Awww.

Hope your OH gets back soon, has noone got a rotti you can borrow? I would lend you my jack russell if you were closer!! :wave:

Aww thanks for the kind thoughts. I love rottis. I wish i had one. I do. At the next property we are getting a boerbel to guard the bunnys so my oh tells me :). I'll definately feel better about things then.

Ambience xx

I don't like the sound of this and I think I would be on the phone to the police like the others have said. :evil:

Thanks , i did call the police and they gave me an incident number and said that they would make the local police aware, so i hope they are on the lookout now. There was alot of activity last night- police helicopter, sirens etc. I hope that it helped.

:)
Ambience xx

As one poster has put, how odd that she mentioned the water bottles, which I hadnt picked up earlier. We are all focusing on the fact she is a burglar. She could just be a lover of rabbits, thought she saw no water and hopped over to look and, then to find out if you were breeder, said she wanted to buy one.

Either way, I would just sleep with the lights on downstairs. I do this as a routine anyway. Doesnt help the planet I know, but I dont want someone coming in over my rear fence.

Thanks , i did call the police and they gave me an incident number and said that they would make the local police aware, so i hope they are on the lookout now. There was alot of activity last night- police helicopter, sirens etc. I hope that it helped.

:)
Ambience xx

I was talking to a crime prevention office the other week, and he said you should always report any type of incident like that even if you think it's trivial.
The police keep a log of all such incidents, even if no actual crime occured and they the info. use to spot patterns in a particular area, then use the information to plan patrols etc.
We've recently had a spate of attempted burgularies in our area (people trying doors/window and using hooks and fishing rods to 'hook' keys/purses through the letterboxes:shock:)
This woman though definately sounds up to no good,even if she had completely innocent intentions you do not behave like that ,trespassing on other people's property :evil:

As one poster has put, how odd that she mentioned the water bottles, which I hadnt picked up earlier. We are all focusing on the fact she is a burglar. She could just be a lover of rabbits, thought she saw no water and hopped over to look and, then to find out if you were breeder, said she wanted to buy one.

Either way, I would just sleep with the lights on downstairs. I do this as a routine anyway. Doesnt help the planet I know, but I dont want someone coming in over my rear fence.

Thanks yes i thought that too initially- i went out to check and the ama's water bottle had been filled up last night but it wasn't visable. I have three on the runs, but two were empty, and from the alley you could only see the empty ones. So it could have just looked like they were without water.

Yes i thought that too- as i do have alot of rabbits- except, you would have thought she would have knocked, left a note with her number or come back later- not to jump over a wall at the back of the house.

Besides even if i was a breeder i wouldn't sell to someone who was claiming to want a bunny so that her child can be responsible, when she was totally irresponsible jumping over my wall.

I don't think she was thinking straight, because this area is very rough, and to be honest, there could have been a dog in the garden, or worse someone who was alot less tolerate than myself of having my garden invaded. Only last week someone was almost killed near my street. It really isn't a nice area and i wouldn't be risking going in someones garden around here.

Yes i think i'll leave my lights on tonight- i did consider it last night, but i think that i'll do it tonight- I did sleep in the back room- kept waking up constantly worrying. Struggling to hear at the moment too with this ear infection, which is causing me so much pain at the moment. Fortunately though nothing happened. I have told my sister i wont be coming down this weekend though as i can't bear the thought of anything happening to the bunnys.

I do hope it was just someone with good intentions worried about the bunnys and coming to ask about purchasing a rabbit. I do like to think the best of people.

Thanks
Ambience xx

I was talking to a crime prevention office the other week, and he said you should always report any type of incident like that even if you think it's trivial.
The police keep a log of all such incidents, even if no actual crime occured and they the info. use to spot patterns in a particular area, then use the information to plan patrols etc.
We've recently had a spate of attempted burgularies in our area (people trying doors/window and using hooks and fishing rods to 'hook' keys/purses through the letterboxes:shock:)
This woman though definately sounds up to no good,even if she had completely innocent intentions you do not behave like that ,trespassing on other people's property :evil:

I wonder if this is how your letterbox got broken?

This is very scary and I sure hope that she was just a busybody as opposed to a potential burglar and also that you can move out soon, for all your sakes.

Thanks for this. My letter box cover has fallen off and i heard some noise at the front door prior to this, but disregarded it. I don't know if this is related. I should have reported my run being stolen several months ago. It was a small unused run and i should have put it away when not in use, but i didn't. I didn't think to call the police about it- thought it wouldn't be a matter for them, they have bigger things to deal with etc.

Ambience xx

I wonder if this is how your letterbox got broken?

This is very scary and I sure hope that she was just a busybody as opposed to a potential burglar and also that you can move out soon, for all your sakes.

Funny because i keep a set of keys to the house just by the door on the floor for when the post man comes to deliver and i don't know what i've done with my others.

I didn't think about them being in reach. That is quite frightning.

I'll move these now- they would be easy to fish too as they are on a key ring. Amazing what lengths theives go to.

I hope it's just someone being concerned. That's not so bad- just shook me up as i never get anyone at the back door as it's walled in and i have the back gate permanently shut too. My other half is even more adamant to move now after i've told him about this.

We have paid to hold a property whilst the application goes through and they have taken it off the market, so hopefully we will get it. fingers crossed :)

Ambience xx

Thanks yes i thought that too initially- i went out to check and the ama's water bottle had been filled up last night but it wasn't visable. I have three on the runs, but two were empty, and from the alley you could only see the empty ones. So it could have just looked like they were without water.

So do the rabbits stay out in their runs at night?

Back