• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some woman just jumped over my back garden wall to ask about my rabbits?

Have you ever seen this woman before,why would she jump over the fence?was it to see if she could?I think you should report her to the police :shock:Hope you are ok

I've never seen her before in my life. I guess i should have asked more questions, but i was abit frightened by it. I didn't know what her intentions were.

I'm really on edge now- i've had a run stolen from the bottom of the garden before. I've been on edge since then, checking them 24/7 , but now i'm feeling even more under threat here. I think i'll be glad when i've moved into a nicer area definately.

Ambience xx

Definitly not acceptable. I wouldn't have been as polite and to be honest it does seem like she may have been sussing your place out for stuff and/or the buns, sorry if that worries you x

I would put a sign up "private property, no tresspassing", and also report it to the police. At least there is a record of it and who know, she may have been doing the rounds.

We live by national trust land which is popular for walkers and despite having fences around the garden we have had people come in and say "oh, we didn't realise it was a garden" despite they had to climb over a fence! So we have have made 2 types of sign and put them on the fences, the first "caution, dogs running free" and one with a picture of a dog on it and "we can make it to the gate in 2 seconds, can you?"

Definitly not acceptable. I wouldn't have been as polite and to be honest it does seem like she may have been sussing your place out for stuff and/or the buns, sorry if that worries you x

I would put a sign up "private property, no tresspassing", and also report it to the police. At least there is a record of it and who know, she may have been doing the rounds.

We live by national trust land which is popular for walkers and despite having fences around the garden we have had people come in and say "oh, we didn't realise it was a garden" despite they had to climb over a fence! So we have have made 2 types of sign and put them on the fences, the first "caution, dogs running free" and one with a picture of a dog on it and "we can make it to the gate in 2 seconds, can you?"

Thanks , this place is a very built up area- the house backs onto an alley and these are terraced houses. I will get a sign made- i have one on the front for no cold callers etc. It's obvious this is a private property. She would definately know it's a garden. Thanks for the ideas. I'll sort some of these out.

Ambience xx

it isn't normal. she's using the rabbits as an excuse to size the joint! its probably worse - as she knocked and didn't get an answer, she'll have been looking for an open window or if the back door wasn't locked.

it isn't normal. she's using the rabbits as an excuse to size the joint! its probably worse - as she knocked and didn't get an answer, she'll have been looking for an open window or if the back door wasn't locked.

Thanks, i hope the police manage to catch her if she is a theif. The letterbox is hanging off the front door now too, not sure if this is anything to do with this, but it was on fine and it seemed to have happened about the same time. Not sure how this would be relevant, but the letter box was on fine before.

Ambience xx

i can GUARANTEE you that she thought you were out and was either sussing your house out for a burglary / or considering stealing a bunny or hutch...

the 'daughter wants a rabbit' excuse was because u caught her there...

you should CERTAINLY call the police and report this and offer a description, in case any burglaries take place in the area....or sus incidents with a similar MO

Please report it. Its not rude, you interrupted a burglary. keep your house locked up for a couple of weeks and improve your security

I totally agree with this...... she was being far too suspcious... I know you have an ear infection etc and dont want to talk to people but I would talk to the police.

This lady was probably checking out your security.... seeing if there were any dogs, cameras etc...... :shock:

God, I hope you will be ok these next few days/weeks.

Anyone got a dog you can borrow?

you were right to report it.

You were right to report it. Where the wall is low, can you put something that would clatter if someone did the same at night?

We had strimmers taken from our rear outhouse when we were in bed in a room that overlooks the door - didn't hear a thing. Neither of them worked - they were there awaiting repair, but the thieves would have known that.

Those lights that sense someone there might be good too - they don't like to be illuminated during the theft.

Our side gate is now kept locked. It is possible to get over, but it is 6' high.

I wish you good luck. Tell your neighbours too - people can look out for each other.

I totally agree with this...... she was being far too suspcious... I know you have an ear infection etc and dont want to talk to people but I would talk to the police.

This lady was probably checking out your security.... seeing if there were any dogs, cameras etc...... :shock:

God, I hope you will be ok these next few days/weeks.

Anyone got a dog you can borrow?

Thanks, usually my other half is around, but he is in holland for the next few days working. I'm tempted to stay up tonight. I'm really worried about the buns now.

I am getting a dog soon i hope, but for the moment, no dog either :( Would be perfect to have a dog round about now. We are definately going to be moving in the next few months so i'm hoping that everything will be okay before then.

We have already put an application in to rent and taken a house of the market- i hope we get it so i can move somewhere nice quickly. It's nerve-racking being here now.

I have a garden which thankfully you can't get a full view of from that wall- so it would be hard for someone coming in to tell if i was looking out of the kitchen window or at the other end.

Very odd behavior- im glad i was here to protect the bunnies- was thinking about going over to my sisters today- but i think i'll cancel my outings until my other half gets back and i know someone will be in to keep an eye on them.

Ambience xx

Thanks, usually my other half is around, but he is in holland for the next few days working. I'm tempted to stay up tonight. I'm really worried about the buns now.

I am getting a dog soon i hope, but for the moment, no dog either :( Would be perfect to have a dog round about now. We are definately going to be moving in the next few months so i'm hoping that everything will be okay before then.

We have already put an application in to rent and taken a house of the market- i hope we get it so i can move somewhere nice quickly. It's nerve-racking being here now.

I have a garden which thankfully you can't get a full view of from that wall- so it would be hard for someone coming in to tell if i was looking out of the kitchen window or at the other end.

Very odd behavior- im glad i was here to protect the bunnies- was thinking about going over to my sisters today- but i think i'll cancel my outings until my other half gets back and i know someone will be in to keep an eye on them.

Ambience xx

I dont blame you for cancelling your outings. I wish you luck :)

How odd that the woman should even notice how low the water bottle/s were, but that aside, in a thread about Zooplus runs the other day, you said "I have 7 of these runs which my buns have access to all day long. I have a walled fence so don't have to worry about predators. The cover on it is waterproof on one sided, netting on the other."

You might have to rethink the security of your rabbits, because if a woman can just jump over the wall, I'd guess any predator could too, and netting is no protection.

how odd, she sounds suspicious as everyone has said, is there anything you can put up agaisnt the lowest wall to make it harder for anyone to get over?

Eeep that does sound weird! :?

how odd, she sounds suspicious as everyone has said, is there anything you can put up agaisnt the lowest wall to make it harder for anyone to get over?

Can you possibly attach some screening or something? Or put some trellis up against the wall to increase it's height and grow some prickly stuff up it? We've put screening down our left fence to increase it's height and make it more secure and we've put up a trellis at the back of the garden with Pyracantha growing up it.

You were right to report it. Where the wall is low, can you put something that would clatter if someone did the same at night?

We had strimmers taken from our rear outhouse when we were in bed in a room that overlooks the door - didn't hear a thing. Neither of them worked - they were there awaiting repair, but the thieves would have known that.

Those lights that sense someone there might be good too - they don't like to be illuminated during the theft.

Our side gate is now kept locked. It is possible to get over, but it is 6' high.

I wish you good luck. Tell your neighbours too - people can look out for each other.

Thanks i did let my neighbour know. You have just reminded me to bring in my strimmer. It's frustrating having to live like this.

Ambience xx

You have done the right thing reporting this, very strange. I would be furious if someone did that to me. Try not to worry too much though, easier said than done I know. Hope all goes well and you get some sleep. Take care.:wave:

How odd that the woman should even notice how low the water bottle/s were, but that aside, in a thread about Zooplus runs the other day, you said "I have 7 of these runs which my buns have access to all day long. I have a walled fence so don't have to worry about predators. The cover on it is waterproof on one sided, netting on the other."

You might have to rethink the security of your rabbits, because if a woman can just jump over the wall, I'd guess any predator could too, and netting is no protection.

Thankyou yes i will do. It's quite a decent height wall- she would have really had to have launched herself over it, or maybe put something up against it. Yes the runs are a problem too as they are out in the open air allday in the summer, as i like the buns to get as much good weather as possible.

The runs are only going to be used supervised at the new property. I'm moving from here within the next few months. Hopefully october.

Ambience xx

Not tonight - but when my other half gets back - i'll ask him to sort something out for me, until we move.

Ambience xx

Eeep that does sound weird! :?

Can you possibly attach some screening or something? Or put some trellis up against the wall to increase it's height and grow some prickly stuff up it? We've put screening down our left fence to increase it's height and make it more secure and we've put up a trellis at the back of the garden with Pyracantha growing up it.

I'm not going to be here that long, but maybe i can get something just to increase the height temporarily until i move and then i'll get some more secure accomadation.

Ambience xx

You have done the right thing reporting this, very strange. I would be furious if someone did that to me. Try not to worry too much though, easier said than done I know. Hope all goes well and you get some sleep. Take care.:wave:

Thanks, yes i'm on constant guard at the moment. Will try- definately going to sleep in the back room- near the buns with the window open- hopefully i'll hear something if anyone trys to come in the property.

Ambience xx

How are you this morning?

Just a thought, do you have any tins/cans/jars etc you could put in piles at the bottom of the wall... would make a noise if someone landed on them :D :wave:

How are you this morning?

Just a thought, do you have any tins/cans/jars etc you could put in piles at the bottom of the wall... would make a noise if someone landed on them :D :wave:

Thanks for asking. Rough night sleep- slept next to the window near the buns. I was waking up panicking every few hours and checking outside the window.

I'm downstairs this morning with a direct view out of the window. I feel abit helpless going anywhere until my other half gets back so i can ask him to keep an eye on them for me.

Thanks for the idea about the tin cans, That might work for the night time.

Ambience xx

Back