• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some vibes for Mimzy's dental please? U/D post 16-doing well

Over here our vets tell us that up to 1 ml is the max they want to give the bunnies. But yeah, she doesn't want me to go over the .7 mls. I can understand that; because while she is the only person here in my city that I feel has enough bunny knowledge to take good care of my three, I can see where we are both still learning so much about them and their physiology. Being here at RU with folks like Jane and our rescue people who are entrusted with the medical care of so many rabbits on a daily basis really opened my eyes as to how much there is about them that most of us simply don't run into that often.
He had made some lovely poos overnight...much larger than anything he's produced for some time. But I'm not sure if it's due to the increased metacam or if he just had mostly greens yesterday and the day before.
I'm waiting for this years' crop of mature oat hay to come in from California so that Pip and Mimzy can start making their golden poos again. Fiver can't eat it because it just blocks him up. :( I wish he could, when it's good quality it is the best hay for both their guts and their teeth. I credit giving Mimzy that hay most of the winter for him not needing more than one spur burred this time around.
Oh, and I wound up having to set Jenna's dental back a week. There is more than a few things scheduled for the day her vet wanted to see her, but only one car to get them done with, so we had to postpone. Honestly I wasn't really ready to deal with it just after Mimzy's...I was so nervous about the whole thing and I'm still jittery over it all, so I would like a breather before having to wind myself up again. :roll:
Our weather is finally starting to turn a bit too, but it is still one of the coldest first weeks of May I have ever felt. There is still the possibility that another high pressure system will hold the Arctic blast over the top of us that has plagued us for the last few weeks, but I think Summer is trying to get here and the temps are to climb into the 60's Fahrenheit by the weekend. I surely hope so! We have only about a month and a half before we hit solstice and then the light will start diminishing again. I think we got ripped off this year as far as our warm weather is concerned!

Maybe I should ask for dandelion-growing vibes? ;)

I don't blame you for delaying Jenna's dental for a week. Its very stressful when your animals have health problems at the same time.

James could tell you all about the weather and how the gulf stream is effecting the UK and ironically global warming could make the UK colder.

Hope you get a good crop of oat hay.

Back