• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some Oxford Lops - couple more snaps. page 2

Oh wow! Great to see some of the oxford buns going strong, the last one Eve rehomed passed away a few months ago and George who I rehomed lives with his partner.

That's so sad that another one has gone, but on the plus side, they had a good life post rescue and some lasted a very long time considering how they were living beforehand.

And a good result for George too Lou. :)

If anyone wants top see a photo of Maisie i can email it to them as i can't put photos on this site for some reason.

Last edited:
A lady who lives in Berkshire but no, she's not on here. I only got to meet her for the first time when her buns came here for their Christmas holidays, as they normally go to Lorna for boarding. She adopted them in the October after the rescue and she said today that she thought they were only about 16wks old when she took them home. She said that she thought they had their mummy with them when they were rescued so I expect it is them. Nice to know that some of the Oxford buns are still going strong.

Yes Maisie was the mother to these three....well i'm sure anyway, maisie was a black and white lop who i took on, she had 3 babies with her so we had to wait for a while before we took her home, we also had to wait for her to have her front teeth removed, i remember the babies all went to the same home, poor Maisies (the mother) has since passed away. I'd love to put a photo on here of her but it won't let me do it so if you want to see a piccy let me know and i'll email it to you.

Yes Maisie was the mother to these three....well i'm sure anyway, maisie was a black and white lop who i took on, she had 3 babies with her so we had to wait for a while before we took her home, we also had to wait for her to have her front teeth removed, i remember the babies all went to the same home, poor Maisies (the mother) has since passed away. I'd love to put a photo on here of her but it won't let me do it so if you want to see a piccy let me know and i'll email it to you.

Hi Twiggs, I think they were Maisie's babies too. Im sorry you lost Maisie - I know how much she meant to you and she was such a gorgeous girl. Thank you for giving her a great home. How have you been?

Hi yuh, i'll pm you aswell as writing here just incase you don't see this, I'm doing ok, Fudge is still going strong....well i hope!!! He was Maisies boyfriend and who she came to live with, he's almost 8 and a half years young bless.

Ive responded to you Twiggs. Great to hear that Fudge is thriving still. I always remember Maisie as she was in this blacked out shed, with hutches everywhere. In moving a hutch, she was in an indoor cage behind it in the dark, with her litter and full of maggots. I know how you used to drive to Oxford to get her Timothy Hay and, from where she came from, she landed in luxury with you.

Helen, how is Nix's Oxford Duchess. She was quite poorly when first rehomed, but astounded everyone with her determination to continue and lived for years beyond her expectation. I think she was another black and white bunny too.

Back