• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some advice needed on bonding prudhoe and bug

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Bonding Prudhoe and Bug has been the longest experience ever - I think we've been very lucky with our other pairs in that they've very quickly fallen in love and have been inseperable ever since. But with Bug and Prudhoe - we've taken it very slowly because:

1) Bug has a history of violence :shock: She does - honestly! She has attacked Cheyenne AND Lenny who are innocent little sillies. So we initially did short dates but exended them as she got used to Prudhoe - who was wary of her and would dart away quickly when she got a bit fiesty.

2) Prudhoe has a history of being a rather viral young man - be it that it was his human daddy that he lusted after (and boy - did he lust :lol:) - and he's improved since neutering (5 months ago now) but is still very much a 'man' if that makes sense.

So - we moved into the new house - and being in a neutral territory Bug stopped being a little madam during their free range time and Prudhoe gradually gained confidence around her - and has encouraged her to come down the stairs and they get on so very well.
We thought - great - time for them to live permenantly together - and that is going extremly well UNTIL - Prudhoe gets hormonal and then it is non-stop humping. I don't exactly know what sets it off - but every Friday night it's almost as though he goes to the pub and comes back extremly randy and will not stop humping Bug. He gets so exhausted - as does Bug - but he just cannot stop.

We do leave it as long as possible but eventually for the sake of both rabbits we have to seperate them for the night so that Bug can get some rest - and Prudhoe can get over his hormones. I hate seperating them and I know I shouldn't - but I just don't know what else to do - I cannot leave them like that - it's cruel to do so. Honestly - it is awful watching Prudhoe unable to help himself but getting so utterly shattered - and poor Bug won't bite but just keeps running away. I put them back together the next morning - all is fine again - until the next time Prudhoe gets hormonal...and then it all kicks off again and nothing will stop him - nothing can distract him.

I think part of the problem is that she will not submit to him and groom him - he has groomed her a bit but both are being very stubborn about being the dominant bun.

Help anyone? Any ideas?

Back