• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So upset, our vet wants to put Herman to sleep UD so happy p118

Thank you. If I go to him with food and hold it under his nose he wolfs it down but if I give him a bowl he loses interest straight away, even if I put him back next to the bowl. It just doesn't seem to register with him unless it is literally under his nose :?

i am gutted as took some film footage of him on my new camera but can't work out how to play it back or transfer it to the computer, neither can Steve :(

:(

oh my gosh. i really hope you are okay. my thoughts & love are to you & herman <3 i bet he is so sweet
kisses to herman xxxxxx

loppy2

r.i.p loppy leo james
5th March 2012 :'(

I am pulling my hair out over this. Herman ate a reasonable amount of tea, has eaten half his supper without any encouragement and did a happy flop earlier :? I have no idea what to do, thank goodness i didn;t have to go through with anything today.

I am seriously wondering why we choose to put ourselves through this over and over again :(

:( Your mind must be in turmoil right now. You still have all day tomorrow; I hope things become clearer then. xxx

I am pulling my hair out over this. Herman ate a reasonable amount of tea, has eaten half his supper without any encouragement and did a happy flop earlier :? I have no idea what to do, thank goodness i didn;t have to go through with anything today.

I am seriously wondering why we choose to put ourselves through this over and over again :(

Is there no medication that could keep him calmer? Maybe even something like rescue remedy?

Because every rabbit is worth the pain because of the amount of joy they bring to your lives?

Because every rabbit is worth the pain because of the amount of joy they bring to your lives?

Herman brings us so much joy, he is amazing that is one of the reasons we are agonising over this decision so much. Sometimes I just think why should I have the right to make such a decision as to whether a life continues or ends? We don't want Herman to suffer for a single minute as he does not deserve that, but at the same time he has a great life with 24hrs free ranging, all his bunny friends and spoilt rotten so we don't want him to lose that a minute too early either :(

I hate neurological problems you just have no idea whats going on and what might happen tomorrow. I still don't think i have come to terms with losing Jojo yet :(

Have you tried asking Herman?

May sound a a bit odd (and I know I am somewhat eccentric) but if I am really unsure as to whether it is time for a beloved family member to go to the Bridge, I ask them - and sometimes their eyes reveal all or they will go and eat something (which could just be co-incidence I know). It has helped me in the past anyway so thought I would throw it out there.

what happened with the anti-hormone drug?

My vet was anxious not to keep Parsley on it as she thought it might cause aneamia if given for long (I think that was it - tbh it was a couple of months ago and Ive sort of forgotten).

what happened with the anti-hormone drug?

My vet was anxious not to keep Parsley on it as she thought it might cause aneamia if given for long (I think that was it - tbh it was a couple of months ago and Ive sort of forgotten).

You are getting confused, Humphrey is on the drug not Herman :D :wave: I did wonder about it for Herman but as he has been castrated for the past 18 months or more I doubt it would help him. It does seem to be pain related/neurological :?

Have you tried asking Herman?

May sound a a bit odd (and I know I am somewhat eccentric) but if I am really unsure as to whether it is time for a beloved family member to go to the Bridge, I ask them - and sometimes their eyes reveal all or they will go and eat something (which could just be co-incidence I know). It has helped me in the past anyway so thought I would throw it out there.

Thank you, I may just do that. I have done it in the past. His eyes definitely don't have the spark in them that they used to, they look tired. But they don't have that look where every thing is gone, if you know what I mean, but I don;t think i want him to get to that stage as if he does he will be in agony :?

OOPPSSSS:oops::oops: so sorry - I took a months break from RU due to pressure of work - and shouldn't really be back on now anyway . . best go away and hide . . . .

If anyone would like an update on Herman then he is still with us. We were completely torn as to what to do right up until the last minute so we decided to take him to the appointment and let the vet decide and go with whatever she suggested.

He has had a full health check and Juliet decided today was not the day even though the end is in sight :D Herman clung to Steve like a toddler through out the appointment and made it known he didn;t want to go anywhere!

So we still have days or maybe weeks ahead to continue to spoil Herman, I am hoping I can just enjoy the time we have left together but no doubt I will spend it stressing and worrying about him as usual :roll: :love::love:

Wonderful news! :)
I fully believe that if you're not sure it's the right decision then it's not.

The last few days have been truly awful. It never even occurred to me that Herman needed to be pts until the vet suggest it on Tuesday, she is an excellent bunny vet and I do trust her opinion greatly. So I then felt guilty opting to go ahead with the dental thinking I was putting him through too much. Wednesday he was in such a state I felt guilty that I hadn't booked him being pts sooner and now today I feel guilty that I ever considered pts this afternoon :(

It has really knocked my confidence for knowing what is best for my bunnies:( We have some great vets who I completely respect, but it gets rather confusing when one says pts, one says do the dental and see how he goes and another says he is OK within the space of 5 days!!

Back