• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So upset, our vet wants to put Herman to sleep UD so happy p118

Gosh he's so sweet I hope he gets better in the week but he's got the best chance of doing so under your care. :D

oh this is good news so far...sending huge vibes for this special special boy! xxxxlotsa loves to you Herman!:love::love::love:

I guess I posted as you put up the pix...lol.
Oh my....he is gorgeous! :) I love his coloring!
And more (((((((((((healing vibes)))))))))))) on the way!

Its not looking good for Herman. He isn't eating but not because he can't or he feels to ill, he is just manic. He wont settle to eat more than a mouthful, he gets so distracted, he forgets what he is doing and where the food is. He is completely hyper. Obviously he has something neurological going on along with all his other problems. But if he can't settle long enough to eat he is just going to fade away. his poos are smaller than Stevie's :(

It is going to be incredibly difficult to say goodbye to such a lively bunny, but at the end of the day having a bunny not eating because he is completely manic is as bad as having a bunny sitting listlessly in the corner not eating:cry::cry:

Not going to make a decision today but I know it has to happen soon for his sake:(

Have had a chat with Steve and Herman is booked in to go to the bridge on saturday lunch time. It gives us a few days to spoil him and if by some miracle he does settle down we can cancel in the morning :(:(

Feel awful about it :cry:, he is one of my all time favourites, if anyone has read our magazine you will know what a character Herman is :love:

I'm so sorry Liz, poor Herman. :(:( I know you and Steve will make sure his last few days are filled with love, just like every other day spent as a Rainbow Rabbit. Thinking of you all. xx

I'm so sorry Liz, poor Herman. :(:( I know you and Steve will make sure his last few days are filled with love, just like every other day spent as a Rainbow Rabbit. Thinking of you all. xx

I was going to wait until friday to decide but had completely forgotten about Easter :oops: so it was either tomorrow or saturday and I just felt tomorrow was too soon :(

I keep forgetting about the bank holidays as well - I tried to book a vet appt for Monday. :oops::roll: I'm sorry you've had to rush the decision-making along a little due to the holidays; you know him best and you can keep re-assessing what to do right up until Saturday though. I'll be hoping for a miracle for Herman.

I have spent the past hour or so with Herman while he has his tea and now I know we have made the right decision. He has barely had more than a few mouthfuls. He starts to eat, gets distracted and is off running this way and that, chinning things seeming to forget where he is and banging his feet in confusion. Then I show him where the bowl is and he has a bit more and then the same thing again. He doesn't seem to be able to sleep for more than a few minutes either before having to get up run around or start humping. As his liver is no worse I think his tooth roots are affecting his brain. He is not too ill or in too much pain to eat he is just becoming lost :(:(

Poor Herman, but at least you are sure that the sad decision you've had to make is definitely the right one. xxx

If he has bad tooth roots, I bet its because the minute he "stops" he can feel pain/pressure on his tooth/root... I myself used to egt bad tooth pain *touch wood* and if i sat there doing nothing i could feel my pulse in my tooth.. so maybe he has that..

But maybe when he runs around he forgets about it...

Back