• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So today is our seventh day with Yuki in our lives...

giddermup

Warren Scout
And she's driving the old folks crazy!!!!!

She doesn't hop or run. She teleports! :shock: I think I see her in her cage and the next thing I know, she's on the bed next to me. Climbing the bookshelf seems to be her lifetime wish. I think she's a monkey, not a rabbit. I know she's still a youngster (3 months or so) but she's making Mokona look like she was comatose as a baby.

I love the fact that Yuki likes to hop on the bed. I'm hoping she'll be a nice snuggle bun. Mokona still won't do it even with delicious banana chips to entice her and lots of "steps" to help her up. Mokona isn't old, she's 5 years. She's just very timid with new things and the bed might feel like a "trap" to her.

I guess my first question is: How long will Yuki act like she ate a dozen or so Mexican Jumping Beans? Is this a lifetime of insane bunny? Or will she calm down? I am looking at our future and trying to figure the best way for the three of us to live full, creative, happy lives in this household. It's bad enough that there are 3 females living under this roof.

My second question is: How long before youngsters litter train themselves with peeing in their litterpans? Her cage has 3 litter pans with no room between to get into her mind that litterpans are where you are to do your business. So far she hasn't peed while she's out of her cage. I keep a sharp eye on her to see if there might be any accidents. But nothing so far (thank goodness). I guess my biggest fear is that she'll pee on my bed during one of her Bunny-apolis 500's.

And for the record, she will be spayed the moment the vet says she's old enough. Add a hormonal teenager to the two grumpy ladies and the fur will be flying (mostly my gray hair as I tear it out:lol:). I'll be the only one not spayed in this house, thank you :p.

And she's driving the old folks crazy!!!!!

She doesn't hop or run. She teleports! :shock: I think I see her in her cage and the next thing I know, she's on the bed next to me. Climbing the bookshelf seems to be her lifetime wish. I think she's a monkey, not a rabbit. I know she's still a youngster (3 months or so) but she's making Mokona look like she was comatose as a baby.

I love the fact that Yuki likes to hop on the bed. I'm hoping she'll be a nice snuggle bun. Mokona still won't do it even with delicious banana chips to entice her and lots of "steps" to help her up. Mokona isn't old, she's 5 years. She's just very timid with new things and the bed might feel like a "trap" to her.

I guess my first question is: How long will Yuki act like she ate a dozen or so Mexican Jumping Beans? Is this a lifetime of insane bunny? Or will she calm down? I am looking at our future and trying to figure the best way for the three of us to live full, creative, happy lives in this household. It's bad enough that there are 3 females living under this roof.

My second question is: How long before youngsters litter train themselves with peeing in their litterpans? Her cage has 3 litter pans with no room between to get into her mind that litterpans are where you are to do your business. So far she hasn't peed while she's out of her cage. I keep a sharp eye on her to see if there might be any accidents. But nothing so far (thank goodness). I guess my biggest fear is that she'll pee on my bed during one of her Bunny-apolis 500's.

And for the record, she will be spayed the moment the vet says she's old enough. Add a hormonal teenager to the two grumpy ladies and the fur will be flying (mostly my gray hair as I tear it out:lol:). I'll be the only one not spayed in this house, thank you :p.

Hello :wave:. Babies are very active, inquisitive and perky most of the time :lol:. It's been years since I had a baby bunny so I can't remember how long that stage lasts I'm afraid. As for litter training, I think I would remove one of the trays in her cage since if there are no gaps between them, she'll see the whole floor area as a toilet. If she actually has to jump into something, it'll be a bit more obvious. When you clean the trays ou, always put a bit of dirty litter back ontop so that it smells 'right' for bunny. Put some lovely tasty hay in one corner and bunny should have a burning desire to 'poo and chew' :lol:.

Back