• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So does your bunny/bunnies miss you when you leave them in boarding?

I can echo this.....we often have owners warn us that their rabbit won't let you do this, or doesn't like that, or that they bite/scratch/kick/growl, etc....but they're (normally) total poppets for us!

My theory on this is that the owners have an expectation that their buns will behave in a certain way, which no doubt shows itself in their body language and the way they interact with their bun, so the bun ends up behaving in that certain way!

With buns that we've never met before, we have no pre-conceived ideas or expectations and we handle themand interact with them in exactly the same way as we would the other buns, so the behaviour doesn't rear it's ugly head, so to speak! :lol:

Absolutley agree with this (in my limited experience) - bunnies seem to know that they can get away with silly behaviour with their mum and dad - but can sense an experienced bunny person who won't stand for any nonsense. Sort of like children in a way;)

Well, my 3 didnt bother their bunny tails..... Ali's pad is a much better option that mine at the mo!!,:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I cleaned them out this afternoon, had a cuddle with each of them then spent fifteen minutes watching them eating their fresh hay like they hadn't seen any in months, having a drink, and Frankie grooming Benny.:love::love:

In my year of boarding and two years of fostering, all bunnies have settled quickly and their owners normally have trouble catching them at home time.:lol:

I can echo this.....we often have owners warn us that their rabbit won't let you do this, or doesn't like that, or that they bite/scratch/kick/growl, etc....but they're (normally) total poppets for us!

My theory on this is that the owners have an expectation that their buns will behave in a certain way, which no doubt shows itself in their body language and the way they interact with their bun, so the bun ends up behaving in that certain way!

With buns that we've never met before, we have no pre-conceived ideas or expectations and we handle themand interact with them in exactly the same way as we would the other buns, so the behaviour doesn't rear it's ugly head, so to speak! :lol:

Saying that, Rosie bites me every morning when I give her meds, lunges and growls the whole lot. Steve took her to the vets, sat there good as gold, had her teeth checked like a little angel :roll: So I think a change of environment can change behaviour

Yes. Stephen did miss me. He sulked for the first two days of being away and the minute he saw me he was against the wire of the hutch and licking my hands. He didn't want to be put down and was clingy for hours after getting home.

He did settle in and the lady said he was a joy to look after (no surprises there, he's a darling if I say so myself...) but he did miss me too.

Back