• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

"snuffles" U/D no 68 Were doing great!

She listened to casper chest and.... ITS CLEAR!! not to say were out of deep waters but we are making progress!!!! She has given me 5 more injections which will last him 15 days this will mean he would have been on them a month, i asked about a nebuliser and she said it may be worth it for the future as now he has had it once the chances are he will have snuffles again, its more about keeping them stable more then curing them, but im so glad i have my casper back! and i have found a new veg he likes!! rocket! fussy casper has seen a new light and as soon as i put him down into the garden after the vets he ran to eat some grass :love::love:

Surprise, surprise ... yes, Spenser likes rocket too! :lol:

Thank you RU for all your helps, im feeling alots better today and having a nice run round :) casper xx

100_8102.jpg

look im even nomming gwass..
100_8100.jpg

..and mummuhs plants :lol:
100_8098.jpg

poppy has been by my side the whole time :love:
100_8095.jpg

Thank you RU!

100_8106.jpg

The squeaks are back =[

Casper was snuffling last night i just went to give him breakfast and he is squeaking again :( really though we were getting somewhere! going to order the nebuliser today, vibes for my little casper :cry: he seems fine in himself binkying and eating breakfast.. lets hope it stays that way!

poor casper :(

if you contact the vets, they can lone you a nebuliser until yours arrives and also give you the saline aswell. or maybe something else aswell to use with the nebuliser. we use parvolex and it has been great. it kind of punches holes in the mucus so it drains easier. :)

xxx

Sorry he has been squeaking again. :( Also sorry I didn't come onto 'health' earlier and see this. Lots of love and vibes to Casper from me and big Spenser. xx

He seems better tonight, still squeaking but not as much, i cleaned them out yesterday only with dust extracted hay and wood pellets, but that may have caused a reaction just changing the bedding maybe.. he is still eating lots had a apple stick happily this afternoon, hope he is getting better again.

Having a good day!!

we are having a good day! he is silent today! but i did give his injection last night so he has had his boost, think the injections are starting to hurt as the area is bruised from all the other injections :( poor casper

we are having a good day! he is silent today! but i did give his injection last night so he has had his boost, think the injections are starting to hurt as the area is bruised from all the other injections :( poor casper

I'm sorry about the bruise, but hopefully he won't feel it too much. Sometimes bruises look worse than they feel in humans, so hopefully this is true of rabbits too. :wave:

we are making lots of recovery, he is still silent and he has his injection tomo.. on christmas :( hopefully his prezzies will keep his mind off it :) i hope he has a good christmas and is well, only tomorrow will tell :)

Vibes for a happy and as healthy as possible Christmas for Casper, and bunny greeting to Poppy as well! :wave:

we have had a unusal day.. started off very bad he was snuffling agressivly but by this afternoon he wanted to come out for a free range i no its cold but he really felt up to it, he binkyed round the garden :love: jus put him to be with poppy and there snuggle safe so all nice a snuggled :love:

Back