• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snowflake and Dusty have fallen out

tulsi

Wise Old Thumper
So sad. They had proper locked on fights this morning. Fur everywhere. Will get them booked in for a vet sppointment.

They currently have half their pen each. Not enough but better than fighting.

Will try rebonding in due course.

Feel very disheartened. They have been soooo happy together.

Thats really upsetting & I'm sure the last thing you expected when they've been so loved up. I hope the vets goes well

They live next to Loganberry and Moondust so maybe it is referred aggression. Not sure why it has just happened today though. L and M are fine.

Since I put the divider in place Snowflake and Dusty have been more relaxed. Hope the vet trip can help. Noticed Snowflakes eyes look a bit gunky.

Last edited:
I’m so sorry:cry: I hope they will re bond in time. I’d guess referred aggression could be the cause or a contributing factor so if you can rebond in a neutral area I would have it set up so the 2 pairs aren’t adjacent to each other better still can’t see/smell each other.

So vet is on thursday. There is nowhere else to bond except where they are now, next to Loganberry and Moondust. They both seem ever so relaxed since being split. I think I will bond them in Snowflakes area once the vet visit is over and once any health issues have been sorted.

Eeek. I love them both so much. Wish I had another space to bond them in.

So sorry to hear this as their bonding was going so well! [emoji53]

Hope all goes well with the vets on Thursday x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Snowflake had his tear ducts flushed and nails cut and has been given suphrim (not sure of spelling) and loxicam for his chestyness. Cost 85.00 eek.

I really hope he is better soon. Not at all sure about reintroducing them (once he has recivered) after such full on fighting ...

I hope that Snowflake is back to being 100% fit soon. I also hope that they can be re-bonded, although I can understand your nervousness about it.

Thank you Omi. Bonding is such a nerve wracking business even without a fight being involved!

Back