• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sneezy Sophie

Well, it depends on what vitamins they are. Some do get flushed from the body when there's too much, but some don't and can cause damage, like too much vitamin A, D, and E, I believe? I'm not sure if too much vitamin C would be bad for bunnies.

What the vet gave me has Beta glucan, vitamin c, zinc.

Now I have read a few articles, says too much vitamin C is harmful to rabbits. I don't normally swear but now I want to swear this vet. I'm really angry. She can't heal Cookie, and she will do great damage to him. What should I do, tell me, am I not right to be angry until now?

I’m glad Sophie is doing well :love: I hope you are feeling better soon :wave:
Thank you, Zoobec. :love:

Now I have read a few articles, says too much vitamin C is harmful to rabbits. I don't normally swear but now I want to swear this vet. I'm really angry. She can't heal Cookie, and she will do great damage to him. What should I do, tell me, am I not right to be angry until now?
Well, bunnies don't need extra vitamin C as they make it themselves, so I'm not entirely sure why your vet gave you that... I'm not sure if it would help against any sneezing? I don't see why it would... Hopefully the dosage isn't high enough to cause any harm to Cookie.

Thank you, Zoobec. :love:

Well, bunnies don't need extra vitamin C as they make it themselves, so I'm not entirely sure why your vet gave you that... I'm not sure if it would help against any sneezing? I don't see why it would... Hopefully the dosage isn't high enough to cause any harm to Cookie.

You know, I'm so tired now because of the vet. :( Luckily we only used this vitamin for 3 days, hope it doesn't harmful. Even my husband said let's make an appointment before going to the Netherlands today, when we get there, let's go to the vet right away on the second day. He is sad about this :(

Back