• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

slight concern

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
Bobby poo is smaller, she still has a hell of an appetite and eats quite a lot of hay, I have started cutting down pellets as well have been doing gradually throughout last month, she eats a bit more veg, she has coriander thyme mint and some savoy:)

Just wondering whether there is something that I am doing something wrong:?

She has about half a handful Of pelletts (I have really little hands) in the morning and then the same at night, veg at tea:D

Are you saying she's lost weight? It could be dental problems, as even if she's eating loads it isn't absorbed properly in dental buns. Or it could be worms - are the droppings normal?

Is she a houserabbit?

Yes it could be linked to the reduction in pellets but, you will need to maybe start weighing her everyday and try and increase the hay intake, mine like a sprinkling of dandelion and some Burgess apple snacks (teaspoon) on the hay in the evening to encourage them to nom it a bit more. As long as they are still good poops I would keep an eye on this but, not panick stations yet I don't think. Try alternating with Spring Greens aswell and some basil and dill for variety.:)

Yes it could be linked to the reduction in pellets but, you will need to maybe start weighing her everyday and try and increase the hay intake, mine like a sprinkling of dandelion and some Burgess apple snacks (teaspoon) on the hay in the evening to encourage them to nom it a bit more. As long as they are still good poops I would keep an eye on this but, not panick stations yet I don't think. Try alternating with Spring Greens aswell and some basil and dill for variety.:)
I thought it could be something to do with the pellets:), I have actually just run out of the oxbow hay she likes, expenisve tastes :roll:

Back