• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

siblings fighting

Jessie21

Warren Scout
Woke up in the night with Bean attacking Belle there was Belle fluff everywhere. They are both 12 weeks and due to get neutored, is this normal? Neither of them were bleeding. Bean is now in the cage and Belle in the run, Bean won't let me touch him, Belle lets me but she is terrified every time i open the cage to feed Bean. What should i do with them? Obviously keep them separate untill they're neutored but any other tips? Bean won't let me check him for injuries but he's not limping or making any noises. He is just sitting there looking really distant though :cry: Belle made a scream when they were fighting sounded horrible :( They usually love each other so much they are never far away from each other.

This is very normal when hormones develop. I would be wanting to check both bunnies genitals (including boys penis's) and I would also be wondering if both are boys.

A vet trip is needed really if you can't check yourself but I have no idea what the vets are like over there.

Thank you, Belle is definitely a girl but why check Bean's genitals?

When Rabbits fight they often bite the other Rabbit's genitals and they can cause serious injuries. You really do need to check that this has not occurred.

I would not be at all surprised to find that you actually have 2 Bucks........................

When Rabbits fight they often bite the other Rabbit's genitals and they can cause serious injuries. You really do need to check that this has not occurred.

I would not be at all surprised to find that you actually have 2 Bucks........................

Thankyou for your advice i have had a look nothing looks sore anything any they look different but there is something that pops out of Belle's genitals.. although i've read that this can still happen with a female. I really don't have a clue what i'm looking for to be honest! Bean is plain and clear he's a boy haha

Back