• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Show me your "soul bunnies" :)

arymutas.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Okaaaaaaaaay... If you insist... ;)

I love all my bunnies dearly. :love::love: but there really are those that you feel, feel the same way back. :love:

Reggie

I've been blessed in life that I've had some beautiful soul animals who have thought I was worthy of their trust and love.

There was Max, our first dog. Mum was very unwell; at my darkest times he was my rock.
I had Willow the rat who was amazing, I just can't put it into words. She showed me how loving ratties could be. I still miss her terribly.
And then there was Holly and Buddy... Who were taken too soon. Buddy was an instant bond. Below is my only, real clear picture of him. He taught me so much emotionally.

Love you still Buddy boy.xxx

Mimzy

An image of him pre-headtilt, many moons ago

He came into my life at a time when the last thing I thought I was going to do was take care of a rabbit. I had been two years off from cancer treatment, we had five dogs and three cats and two teenage kids...but he and two REW's were dumped at my OH's place of work and we couldn't allow them to freeze to death over winter or be picked off by predators. Sadly we were never able to catch the REW's (a neighbor did get one of them) but we brought Mimzy home and he led to my two other bunnies, Pip and Fiver. I can't explain in words how all three of them have changed my life and brought fantastic people into it, but it was Mimzy who blazed the trail.

As other folks are adding other pets, please indulge me to post a picture of my soul dog, Jenna, without whom I have no doubt I would not be here today, despite the bunnies-whom I do love dearly...after the loss of my bridge dog Shadow I went into a spiral of depression that only she was able to reach me in. I would be lost without her. :love:

Such a lovely thread, although sad that so many sould bunnnies are no longer with us in the fur.

Spenser is my first bunny, and much as I love him and he enjoys being petted (when he is in the mood), I'm not too sure that he doesn't see me more as a servant! He is such a character ... you just have to love and respect a rabbit who can make you feel unwelcome in your own bedroom. :lol:

These two girls are my soul bunnies. I have only had the two in the 12 years I have had bunnies. I love them all and I don't have favorites but Mona and Orla adopted me as much I as adopted them. They were both so alike; feisty, stand no nonsense but motherly and affectionate at the same time. Mona the black bunny was blind, paralysed from a stroke and 10 years old when she bonded with Orla who was 2 at the time. They did not have long together before Mona passed but the loved each over and it was wonderful to see them together.

Mona was my first bunny and she changed my life in so many ways, all for the better. I had initially wanted an amber Dutch when I was looking to adopt but there were none in rescue, only black buns so I got Mona and her sister. Then around 10 years later when I was in a position to adopt again Orla and her husbun came to live with us but Orla was soon widowed and so in her loneliness she bonded with Mona. Mona had a partner too but after her stroke he kept mounting her non stop I think in an effort to get her to get up and walk and be normal. He didn't really understand what happened so he and Mona had to divorce :( But I am glad she had a friend until the end.

Orla is a single girl again, she hasn't taken to anyone else since but she is a housebunny and very very loving. She sleeps on our beds, comes to watch TV and spends a lot of time playing with my son and his toys :lol: I hope she will live for at least as long as Mona did, it would be amazing to have that long friendship a second time. All my bunnies are family to me but these two girls are like second mothers to me and in my darkest moments it was them and especially Mona who pulled me through.

One of my favourite photos is of Orla doing a flop around Mona. Orla is at her happiest when she flops so I new it was the ultimate expression of love :love: Sadly its a bit blurry but after Mona passed away I received this gorgeous painting of them from the lovely Battlekat. Its very special to me and brought me happiness when I was grieving.

I'm loving this thread :)

My soulbun has to be my dopey but loveable and sweet boy Bobby. Like yourself, he got me through a period of ill health and I will be forever grateful :)

I don't know what it was but on my worst days when I was feeling terribly fatigued he gave me energy that I didn't know I had. He was a blessing :)

In his new bed !

ejuna3yz.jpg

Yoga bun !

uvy2a5aj.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Picture to come

I am certain everyone knows who my soul bunny is, it is without a shadow of a doubt my Jimby :love:

I lost Pippa 13 October 2008 and my world fell apart, I had a breakdown and wanted to die, I just could not face life without her.
By February 2009 we were not looking for a new pet when a friend of a friend asked us if we wanted their 6 month old bunny otherwise the little one would be going to pets at home :(
I saw this as a sign that Pippa sent him to me and obviously my heart went out to the little fella and we took him in, I tried to distance myself from him so I did not get too attached, but my boy found his way right in to the centre of my heart and he just keeps getting deeper.
He gave me reason to live, to want to get up in the morning, to slowly get out of depression.
Jimby has been my rock, the one person i can tell anything to and I can feel he loves me as much as I love him. He has stuck by me through thick and thin and his love never wavered.
He seeks me out for snuggles and grindes happily after EVERY kiss.
He is my baby, my soul mate and my world :love:
I honestly can not think about a life without him :cry: I would die for him, there is no doubt about that!

Last edited:
Back