• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Serious vibes needed - this isn't going to be good/ She's gone

Thank you for you thoughts.

Peggy-Sue was pts by the emergency vet yesterday evening :cry::cry: She also had never seen anything like it before it truly was horrendous.

She was so bloated and on top of that to me it looked like she had suffered multiple hernias :? The vet said something strange had happened inside her that had pushed her organs out :shock: I would have liked to have had a PM done but I was to scared to ask how much it would be as it cost £180 just to have her pts :cry::cry:

My poor girl :cry: What an awful thing to happen, but I am praying that it was relatively quick and that she was too out of it to know much :(

Things are so hard at the moment, we have lost 3 rabbits in 3 weeks again, I am ill with exhaustion, we are in so much debt and we are constantly battling to keep on top of everything that needs doing :cry::cry:

I'm so sorry Liz , I really hope things will get a bit easier for you both soon ,you really are having a tough time at the moment.

Sleeptight Peggy sue.xx

:( Binky free Peggy-Sue

Bad things are meant to happen in threes... so hopefully things will get better from now on xxx

I'm so sorry for your loss Liz.

I'm sure the body has its own way of coping when the end comes. Not being able to swallow is one sign the end is near. Becoming less conscious will have sent her soul to a more peaceful place while all this goes on. It doesn't make it any less distressing for the on-lookers though.

You give these bunnies time in the "sunshine" they may not otherwise have had.

Sounds like you need some sunshine for yourself too now.

I'm so sorry for your loss Liz.

I'm sure the body has its own way of coping when the end comes. Not being able to swallow is one sign the end is near. Becoming less conscious will have sent her soul to a more peaceful place while all this goes on. It doesn't make it any less distressing for the on-lookers though.

You give these bunnies time in the "sunshine" they may not otherwise have had.

Sounds like you need some sunshine for yourself too now.

Thanks you, I am so hoping that is the case. She was fine 2 hours previous when she had her tea. it was such a shock :(

We had Peggy for well over 2 years, along with her sister. She was at least 7 years old, but more likely to have been 9 or 10

Things don't ever seem to get better :(:( We have lost 10 bunnies already this year and we have some here that I know are very near the end :cry:

(((hugs))) Thinking of you, hope things do get better, at least these buns have had the best possible life with you before they had to go to the bridge but I know sometimes thats poor consolation xx

Back