• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sensitive subject - When your bunny goes to the bridge...

when i lived at my dad's and lost buns, i buried them in the garden.
when i lost my molly dog, i had her cremated as in this house and garden we have a few inches of soil then rock so i couldnt bury her.
i went out and bought a lovely big terracotta planter and a beautiful plant to go in it, i chose an acanthus mollis (bears britches) and used half of molly's ashes in the compost and have saved half to scatter at rough tor in cornwall as it was her favourite place.
if my dream of buying some land and becoming partially self sufficient comes off, i am going to plant a tree or flower for each of my animals so i will have my own private wood to remember them.

I have ashes of fern and Dylan who i lost not so long ago..i plan to scatter them in the garden were they used to play. at the moment they are in my bedroom were they are close to me and when i am ready i will scatter them.
a friend of mine does pyrography and she can do some lovely wooden boxes with bunnies and wording on. www.scorchpyro.co.uk which are perfect for putting the ashes in

I can't face the thought of keeping their ashes and at £80 to have the ashes returned I am sorry to say I won't pay for it either. Both rabbits that have gone to the bridge were disposed of by the vet (cremated) as what made them special to me left them when the needle went in and they passed on.

I buried my hamsters in my parent's garden but won't bury any pets in my garden as I remember my dad rotivating our veg patch one day and turning up a cat skeleton - our cats had not been buried in the garden so it must have been a previous owner's :( .

Caz

The quote I got was £150 per rabbit, I think. That included euthanasia, which I reckon is going to end up applying to my little Sealy. Bandit will probably try to live forever and die at a ripe old age as a doddery grey old lady :)

Back