• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sebby was killed by next doors dog today

I am still in so much shock. I feel so responsible. but all 10 were out together. I never would have dreamed he would have got through down there. All the holes were blocked???? Corrina and I are house sharing now so we have 10 buns althogether. She was brilliant and I don't know what I would have done with out her. She even gave him CPR which she had learnt how to do recently but it didn't work. I am just so upset. All I can think is what he must have gone through. I feel like I shouldn't have bunnies now. My little baby should not have gone so soon. How can Iget through this? Another bunny aged 9 months. I shouldn/t have them anymore

AWWW please don`t blame yourself, IT WAS NOT YOUR FAULT! Though i know nothing i can say right now will make you feel any better.
:cry:
I`m sending you massive hugs at this painful time......................
Binky free little Sebby..................................................

Su.x

Oh dear god! And they haven't appologised?!? That is terrible! I am so so sorry sweet heart. There was nothing you could have done.

Thank you so so much everyone. Poor Bugsy is mourning again. We have popped another bun of Corrinas called Roberta in wtith him and that seems to be keeping his spirits up. Willow bunny, one of Corrina's seems to be poorly now, vets tomorrow. All our buns seem to be really subdued today. Will keep you all updated on Rabbit Willow tomorrow. Love to all bunnies out there, this side of the bridge or the other. You are all very special and we love you so mcuch.

Thankyou I have had a right drama witrh the vets who have Sebastian's body. Will tell all tomorrow am drained and have now been given a good telling off at work for my lack of performance this evening. Even though my manager knows what has happened.

The vets that I took Seb to on Saturday are not my normal vets, they were the nearest however and this was of the essence. Anyway yesterday morning I rang up to request some fur before cremation. This, my regular vets does anyway. The receptionist who answered the phone was totally inapproriate for the job and spoke to me as if I had just made some sort of mental request. She then told me that Sebastian would not be going for cremation until I had come in and paid the money up front! I adv that I don't drive and am not paid til Friday. She then told me that he would be kept in the "Deep Freeze" until then!!!!!!!!!

To say I was upset was putting it mildly. I rang my own vets and explained the situation. They were wonderful. They told me to collect Sebastians body and take it to them where they would look after him til Thursday and he could be sent for cremation to the same place as my Georgie. The service there is brilliant.

I rang the inital vet back and tld them that I would be arranging for sebastian to be collected, they then demanded money before he would be handed over, due to a recent outstanding bill I have with their equine department. I gave the woman a piece of my mind and Corrina went in there to collect him, guns blazing yesterday. The whole waiting room was more than aware. Today a letter of complaint is going in. This is the second time that vets have treated me appallingly. Once they would not come out to see Bugsy when he was very poorly one night as I was tiold that the vet on call "would not surely be expected to come out at this time" i think it was about 23.00.

Is there a governing board of vets that you can make a complaint to does anyone know????? As I would like to do this also.

How awful ,that is all you needed :roll:
Why be a vet receptionnist if you have no heart :twisted:
I am so sorry to hear about everything, it must be awfull for you :cry:
Big hugs and cuddle on there way
xxxxxxx

awwww that is dreadful, poor you the last thing you need at an upsetting time like this is an unsymapthetic vet of all people! awww bug hugs xx

Tomorrow Sebastian and Willow go together to be cremated. And tomorrow night I shall be lighting candles for them both and all the bunnies we have lost. What a sad time it has been. They vets receptionist won't be getting away with her disgusting behaviour either as I now have her name and am writing a formal complaint about her. Bad feedback about a company spreads better than good and I have already told many in my area how they have handled this.

Back