• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scrumpie - U/D He's Now At Rainbow Bridge

er no, should I have? What would I need I may have some stuff.

im surprised you havent even been given metacam or recovery I did read that pellets with warm water and small amount of cucumber blitzed is a substitute,

hope the steriods kick in quick

You can make a pellet slurry to feed by mouth, but I would be thinking that may be dangerous depending on his condition. I would think Sub Q fuilds would have been sensible.

im surprised you havent even been given metacam or recovery I did read that pellets with warm water and small amount of cucumber blitzed is a substitute,

hope the steriods kick in quick

Metacam cant be given with the steroid

Is SJ responsive ? Nose twitching, ears moving etc ?

I would not like to advise you about administering anything by mouth. The Vet may not have done so for a good reason but I am surprised no SQ fluids were given :?

Can you call the Vet again and ask if it's OK to give oral fluids/feeds ?

Metacam cant be given with the steroid

Is SJ responsive ? Nose twitching, ears moving etc ?

I would not like to advise you about administering anything by mouth. The Vet may not have done so for a good reason but I am surprised no SQ fluids were given :?

Can you call the Vet again and ask if it's OK to give oral fluids/feeds ?

No he's not really responsive. The nose is moving with his breathing, His ears are still!

Oh No! How awful! I have no real advise myself except what the good people have already said!

has he eaten yet?

Per bloods that I could understand - kidney fuction normal
slight anemia
low levels of aldonim (sp?) protein whatever that is
white blood cells or something showing chronic inflammation.

Could it have been Albumin?

If so, low levels often indicate poor liver or kidney function.

Maybe it's a liver infection not picked up through the blood results?
Tumours can sometimes be going on to cause this too, it happened with one of my boys.
:(

Vibes for the little fella ~*~*~*~*~

Last edited:
Back