• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scooby is in hospital (stasis and impaction) UD Improving and passed some poos :-)

I am so happy that Scooby can go back to his wife bun and I hope he makes a full recovery xxx

Scooby thanks everyone for the vibes, they worked wonders :D

He is home and currently tucking into a pile of fresh forage. We have to continue with the gut meds and pain relief at home and he is back on Wednesday for a check up to make sure everything still feels OK in his stomach. He didn't show the classic signs of a bunny with stomach pain, so any change at all to his normal behaviour and we will take him straight back to be checked over.

Thanks again for all your good wishes. :love:

I am sure your prompt action resulted in his getting on the road to recovery so quickly. Keep us updated on his continued progress.

Aww well done Scooby :love: Scrappy wants to know when her crime fighting partner will be up for another adventure in the mystery van! xx

Incidentally, do we have any buns on her called Peter, Thelma and Daphne? It would be quite nice to have the whole gang.

Scooby is continuing to recover. He slipped back a little early yesterday morning, he looked miserable again and wouldn’t eat anything, so I took him back to the vets and they have increased his Metacam dose and have added some oral rehydration fluid into his mix of medication. It’s a powder that I have to mix with water and syringe him 5ml four times a day. The impacted area is still there, but now much smaller, so it is gradually breaking down. He was much better again by last night and was still doing well this morning. My vet is still happy for him to be treated at home as he is more relaxed and less stressed, unless he worsens of course.

He is pooing lots, they look quite healthy poos but are still on the small side. He’s eating herbs, forage, fresh grass etc, but not interested in his pellets. He’s also eating a little hay, although he seems to prefer the old dried out strands that have been blowing around in the garden, rather than the lovely sweet smelling fresh hay and readigrass that I keep putting in his tray. :roll: I’m topping him up with small amounts of syringe food, depending on how much he eats for himself.

I’ve been so worried and anxious over this, the word ‘impaction’ has really scared me. I’ve had a number of cases of stasis with my bunnies over the years, but never an actual impaction. He is back at the vets for another check up tomorrow if all is still going well, or tonight if I have any concerns about him.

Scooby is so well behaved and takes all his meds very well. He is a perfect little patient.

Aww well done Scooby :love: Scrappy wants to know when her crime fighting partner will be up for another adventure in the mystery van! xx

Incidentally, do we have any buns on her called Peter, Thelma and Daphne? It would be quite nice to have the whole gang.

:lol::lol: It would be brilliant if we had the whole gang on RU.

I hope that Scooby continues to improve and that he will be 100% better very soon.

Has the Vet mentioned exactly where the impaction is ? The cecum maybe ?

Tracy, really glad to read there's been improvement!

I hope Scooby continues to improve until totally well again :D

Back