• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scarlet's in FHB's, update post 12

She "usually" eats really well after a dental, but this is extractions so fingers crossed she will manage. We had pooping issues last time, but she was on her own at that point (it was after Boo died and before we got Ori) so I don't think that helped. I am hoping with her little man to look after her she'll just get on with it. Have to ring at 10, so not too long to wait.

If she can come home, I'll probably have to leave the second I get off the phone so may not post (for Susie, because I know she'll be checking)

They're home :D Ori was more stressed on pick up than Scarlet the Unflappable, who was as usual, nonflapped! She has had 3 teeth out, and a bit broken off one of the bad ones, many of what's left on the LHS are crumbling away and FHB thinks these are unlikely to cause her any problems. Her RHS is pretty good. The advice is, leave her to it and don't do any further work unless she starts to have a problem eating. FHB didn't think any ongoing regular dental would be of benefit (and I'm not sure she agreed with what our vet had been doing). She has been eating, they're not sure if she's pooped so we'll be checking the tray. Fortuneately Ori is a dirty monkey so if there's poop in the tray it'll be Scarlet's (and I can tell the difference abyway), if she doesn't poop then we have the meds to give her so I'll see how she goes this afternoon. We've also got metacam to giver her for a couple of days. So glad they are home, but won't relax properly until I've seen her eat and there is evidence of pooping!

Update: She's eaten and we have poop, eithers hers or Ori has miraculously discovered where he is meant to do it (which I doubt, lets not forget he is a naughty BARC bunny trained for entertainment not manners). Looks like hers though and she's just troughed the rest of the nuggets.

Last edited:
I've been working this afternoon, and delighted to come back on and see the update! :D:love::thumb:

I'm shocked at Orinoco though, even if he is a BARC bunny. Spenser took to his basin very readily (having rejected a litter tray), although he jumps out with such vigour that a sprinkling of poops tend to come out with him. :lol:

Back