• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Saying goodbye to the baby rabbits I rescued

A photo of the babies and Lacey. Some of there eyes are blue not red. The red eye is just the camera. I need to do another sweep up out there. The red litter tray you see isn't there actual litter tray they use. This has just been put in that corner to stop Lacey from shaking the wire mesh at night.

phDXdcz.jpg

au74b1u.jpg

Last edited:
I work for Medivet and they don't only deal with cats and dogs. The system has prices and rabbits registered all over including London branches. Yes they may not be rabbit savvy, like any vet each individual practice will vary and may or may not have a rabbit savvy vet or at least nurse/support staf

I work for Medivet and they don't only deal with cats and dogs. The system has prices and rabbits registered all over including London branches. Yes they may not be rabbit savvy, like any vet each individual practice will vary and may or may not have a rabbit savvy vet or at least nurse/support staf

I plan on getting Lacey and two of the babies castrated together. I'm sure there are some good and experienced vets around the country who Work for Medivet but my experience with them so far has been concerning, however this has only been the case at a few London branches. They say a rabbit castration is very high risk and I've read some shocking stuff where rabbits have died during surgery which doesn't fill me with confidence. Bring back the old days :D I miss the way things used to be.

I plan on getting Lacey and two of the babies castrated together. I'm sure there are some good and experienced vets around the country who Work for Medivet but my experience with them so far has been concerning, however this has only been the case at a few London branches. They say a rabbit castration is very high risk and I've read some shocking stuff where rabbits have died during surgery which doesn't fill me with confidence. Bring back the old days :D I miss the way things used to be.

Yeah that's not great, especially for something as routine as a castrate. All branches are different so for sure worth avoiding those like that.

These baby rabbits are getting older and I've 3 to rehome. I'm getting a bit worried because the RSPCA has dropped my case as they have more important things to deal with, so I'm not going to get anymore help from them. My concern is if I can't re-home the remaining 3 then I could end up with them breeding. I can't afford to get them all fixed just the ones I'm keeping.

What happened to the home you had for the other baby rabbits? The one that was going to get them vaccinated and neutered?

I'm sure the RSPCA would still take the other babies if you get back in touch with them.

What happened to the home you had for the other baby rabbits? The one that was going to get them vaccinated and neutered?

I'm sure the RSPCA would still take the other babies if you get back in touch with them.

Nah they said they couldn't help me any further and closed my case. I will call them Monday and see what they say.

The first fight has broken out between two of the babies, it was pretty intense. I broke up the fight and both bunnies are ok. I'm going to need to start acting pretty quick as things are happening already. The RSPCA are going to have to help me out regardless unless I can find some foster homes for them until they can be adopted out plus I'm trying to help my friend out with the 10 he has.as I don't want them being dumped.

Any ideas on how I can find foster homes for rabbits in London?

Last edited:
You should separate males and females now if you haven't already.

As a general rule, never offer a home to bunnies if you're not prepared to take them on full time and permanently unless it's a foster situation set up by a rescue. It's often very hard to rehome even babies unless they are a popular breed like mini lops or lionheads. Taking them all to a registered rescue is probably your best bet now. Whatever you do, don't advertise them as free.

I would use your contact at the RSPCA. Tell them the babies need separating as they are now hormonal and fighting, and that there are 10 more found more recently that you are being persuaded to take on. That should get their attention.

You should separate males and females now if you haven't already.

As a general rule, never offer a home to bunnies if you're not prepared to take them on full time and permanently unless it's a foster situation set up by a rescue. It's often very hard to rehome even babies unless they are a popular breed like mini lops or lionheads. Taking them all to a registered rescue is probably your best bet now. Whatever you do, don't advertise them as free.

I can take on rabbits long term but not this many. The issue is, if somebody comes to me to say they found some abandoned rabbits I can't just ignore them I want to do what I can for them and do with whats within my means even if its not the best care, some is better than none and ideally I really need a rabbit rescue or some foster homes to help. I know there used to be some independent rabbit rescues out there, maybe there are still some. I will contact the RSPCA on Monday and I hope they don't refuse me any help.

I can take on rabbits long term but not this many. The issue is, if somebody comes to me to say they found some abandoned rabbits I can't just ignore them I want to do what I can for them and do with whats within my means even if its not the best care, some is better than none and ideally I really need a rabbit rescue or some foster homes to help. I know there used to be some independent rabbit rescues out there, maybe there are still some. I will contact the RSPCA on Monday and I hope they don't refuse me any help.

I remember early on mentioning to you a group called Bunny Angels that operates via Facebook. They are a network that works with independent rescues and some RSPCA branches to take in urgently in need rabbits (often strays etc) and moves them around the country to reputable rescues that have spaces. You can contact Bunny Angels on Facebook. I can contact them on your behalf, if you like? They will let you know if a rescue space becomes available and help with transport. You will be in charge and they will not pressure you to do anything you are not happy with.

I remember early on mentioning to you a group called Bunny Angels that operates via Facebook. They are a network that works with independent rescues and some RSPCA branches to take in urgently in need rabbits (often strays etc) and moves them around the country to reputable rescues that have spaces. You can contact Bunny Angels on Facebook. I can contact them on your behalf, if you like? They will let you know if a rescue space becomes available and help with transport. You will be in charge and they will not pressure you to do anything you are not happy with.

Fantastic I'll give them a try. I don't normally do facebook, I'm not even sure my account would still be working but if not I'll create another.

Bunny angels are amazing they helped me when a big number of rabbits came to me through work, volunteers/rescue places all over the country were found

Back