• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

safe to post now but WHAT A *censored* night-U/D back from vets and all is OK :)

Poppy scatters too and is also a lop like Alvin with big furry feet - in fact she is not scattering on purpose.... she is pooping a neat ferero rocher pile on her feet and then when she jumps out they go everywhere! She doesn't mean to as she's such a precise bun. :D
Unlike Nino who basically just poops everywhere around the house all the time.... typical man! :roll::lol:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i thought he was putting them on his feet somehow, but hed whoop me if i interrupted to ask him... looks ace when they jump out though dont it :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
This thread has gone crackers & it's lovely. Thanks for a good laugh guys.
I wonder why the ferraro roche held absolutely NO temptation for me when I got my supplies in just now?

How is Alvin & his poops today Donnamt?

hes a bit off again today.. i knew he would do this to me :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

loads of poops about this morning, ive watched him drink a bit and hes eaten his chunk of banana, but the pellets had no appeal again and he took a while before he came running over to say hello.. scared to take the brekkie veg up because i just know he wont want it :(

Oh dear! I don't suppose any of our tricks work on Alvin - mixing up critical care/ getting meds out /phoning vets!:shock:
Everything crossed for Alvin - please let us know how he gets on Donnamt.

ETA I'm sure prettylupin is right about it taking 2 weeks to get the gut stable again after a slow down. Nino is a "top end" stasis bun too.
This cold weather doesn't help either.

Last edited:
well im fairly convinced hes a junkie :roll:

hes eaten a good belly fully of brekkie, not with his usual im starving way tho :(

hes in the litter tray eating hay now

i think me attempting syringe feeds actually hinders his recovery, so unless hes really bad i think its best to get the gripe water in as well as the drugs (i hadnt stopped the gut stuff yet only the metacam) and just leave him to it.

vet told me to give him 12 hours before i am allowed to panic and then get them involved..

scattered poops :D:D:D:D:D

two weeks :shock: ill be in a hospital be then :lol:

merry Xmas to all :shock:

oh and can you believe it.. i can get drugs in easier without ste, never thought id say that.....:shock::shock: towel and carrier.. its the way forward :lol::lol:

and the sludge looking pee... i think its from Pearl.. found a bit this morning right by her huge poops (about a teaspoon).. and i did as ive seen jane suggest and run it thro my fingers :oops::oops: not gritty at all :D:D:D:D

I think what pretty lupin means is that although everything is looking fine, they can have little set backs for the next 2 weeks.
Similarly with critical care - I just do a trial mix of 1/2 teaspoonful sometimes. If Thumper's just playing up he belts to his hay as soon as he hears & smells it, & chomps for his life!!
I just chuck out the mix if he's had a good chomp.
tbh he's got a real problem 99% of the time, but very occasionally, tries to manipulate me into giving him extra veg/ leaves. I don't think Alvin's quite like that though.
Everything crossed for Alvin's eating & pooping.

I think what pretty lupin means is that although everything is looking fine, they can have little set backs for the next 2 weeks.
Similarly with critical care - I just do a trial mix of 1/2 teaspoonful sometimes. If Thumper's just playing up he belts to his hay as soon as he hears & smells it, & chomps for his life!!
I just chuck out the mix if he's had a good chomp.
tbh he's got a real problem 99% of the time, but very occasionally, tries to manipulate me into giving him extra veg/ leaves. I don't think Alvin's quite like that though.
Everything crossed for Alvin's eating & pooping.

haha Alvin does grab a strand of hay when ever he spots me... ive just given him (and her) a generous hand warmed chunk of cucumber so i will not be attempting any form of syringing while hes eating..

weve had poops, but i guess its the lot tonight that will be of the stasis varierty.. exactly how it happened on saturday.. got the drugs huge pile of poops then nothing for a whole day even though he was eating :?

i am getting circled and buzzed, i *think* hes wanting pellets but im deffo not giving in this time :lol::lol:

Glad to hear he's perked up :D I *think* the only day all year my vets are shut is Christmas Day, with the awful weather as well *tries not to dwell on the bad thoughts*.

Hope your bunnies stay well :love:

i just gave in and gave pellets.. he had a tiny bit of savoy but only ate that because pearl tried to steal it from him :(. i cant go to my moms for my xmas dinner without seeing him tuck hungrily into pellets, and he was head nudging with pearl :D

5 hours in.. not allowed to panic for another 7 hours.. vets orders :lol::lol:

scattered poops :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

altho i have said i will never mess with the veg of the diet i am seriously considering a change in what veg they eat.. i want to up the cucumber, one of them is not drinking enough and there is clearly too much calcium and at 96% water it cant be bad.. i *think* i am only seeing this slugdy wee because i have given them far more pellets than i should have, but i just need Alvin eating what ever i can get into him.

fingers crossed its not Pearl tho, she already has enough issues without a dodgy bladder too :(

Hi donnamt. Thank goodness Alvin is back on track again.
Yes, I agree with with very gradual changes, slight reduction in high calcium greens & increase in water. May be worth asking the vet whether frusemide increases "lime" in bunny wee when you next speak to her.
May be some one on here knows.
Pearl still needs the frusemide but we'd know where we stand better.

no dodgy pee this morning :D

thankyou for reading my ramblings Judy :love::love: i think we have a check up for Pearl next month i will definately ask if it could cause thicker pee

yet another day of stomach churning.. there was poops this morning, too many for one bun :D. there was breafast eating with gusto. less happy to take cucumber and savoy during the day and test pellets eaten like hes starved.

on and off hes been grazing on hay so no reason to be concerned i hear you say... NO POOPS THOUGH :? :cry: :? :cry:

until just now.. wohooooooooooooooooooooooo a huge scattering as he jumped from the litter tray...

same gut churning worry tomorrow no doubt :oops:

i have never never seen Alvin take so long to get his guts into order after a slow down and after gettin the all clear on monday too :? today is day 9 after the first refusal of food :(

just been for a squeeze.. they are perfect :D:D

i cant help but wonder why hes saving them up tho :?

do you think his upset gut reset his poop times? he has the edible ones during the day instead of at night maybe :?

bloody Alvin, if his guts dont kill him soon i think i might :roll:

i think today is the first day i dont feel gut churning scared, he is definately pooping and theres more wee in the litter tray than there has been. :D

i found more white wee but it was a lot runnier (still not sure who its from tho cus it seems to be closer to pearls poops than alvins) so i think the cucumber and less pellets :oops: has sorted the pee.. sadly for the buns broccoli was not bought yesterday and i got some filthly looks this morning as Alvin searched thro the veg :oops:

ill be leaving him a few more days on the drugs but i really do think the guts are kick starting nicely now

phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Back