• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ruby :( needs stitches; advice needed please..

Rubys home, the vets done a great job, its very neat.
She's had painkillers and back in to get it checked Tuesday, got to use eye cream twice a day.
Very sleepy but happily munching awayy..

What an awful thing to happen but so glad the op went well and she's doing ok. Give her gentle nose rubs from me.

I kept ben and ruby separate before and after the operation, but they could still see each other.

I tried them together today and ruby kept jumping away from ben, this then resulted in them chasing and ruby looking really scared.

They are still separate today, but can still see and sniff etc

Is there bond broken, or should I give it a try again in a few days?

:(

I've only just seen this, poor Ruby. :( I'm glad the op went well though. :)

I don't know if it's the right thing to do but I would be inclined to keep them side by side for a while longer before trying them together again; whatever happened has probably frightened Ruby and she might just need some time to forget it a little and regain her courage.

I would keep them side by side for at least a week before trying them again, it gives Ruby time to start to heal a little. I think you've got to take it slowly :( Sending lots more vibes for little Ruby xx

give her time to heal and get better...then very slowly let them sniff through bars...and it will be a case usually of rebonding.

merlin and bertie went straight back to each other...but because merlin had been hospitalised for a week...bluebell decided he wasnt welcome. hes still penned off. bertie sometimes comes up onto the settee and gets a cuddle with merlin...they still love each other...but bluebells a right moo...wont share bertie...not even with the cats!! but i think its because of the grief.

i hope things work out eventually..if not...dont push it...sometimes they do it by themselves..ive had this happen..unbonded buns eventually deciding they need each other back...saldy ive also had it happen and the one bun wouldnt go back....

i really really hope things can return to normal....is the other bun ok..maqybe a dnetal or underlying healht problem caused anger to be released and poor ruby bore the brunt of it. i had that happen with bif when she was alive and bonded to bertie..shed attack him chase him bite his eyes all sorts but laso snuggle and sleep and wash him..but she would attack more if she had dental issues or tummy ache which she was prone to both.or she got scared.

Back