• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RU Paper Newsletter for Vets or Pet Shops?

dumblepaws

Mama Doe
So Tamsin asked ages ago for things we could do to educate

What if RU created a quarterly newsletter, which fit on a double sided sheet of black and white A4 featuring things like a link to the forum and rabbit rehome, a story about a recent ill bunny or trip to RWAF conference or newsletter or about Emma in the hutch and some basic advice e.g. food pyramid, reasons to neuter

We could contact local pet shops and vets to see if they would give them out to rabbit owners when they came in and ask how many they would need per quarter, and then we could print them ourselves & drop off at the local places (or post them) every quarter?

It wouldn't cost much to say print 30 double sided sheets and drop them into a local vet, and if all of us did that (RU has over 1000 members) that could be a lot of owners educated

We could also maybe get people to sign up somehow to receive the newsletter electronically?

We'd need someone to create the pdf in Word or some publishing package, and someone (a mod?) to approve content, although anyone could suggest ideas or write stuff

could do, but would it be in competition with bunny mad lisa's offering? tamsin is involved with that.
we might have to fund the production as well as provide the, so how would we do that? printing is 25p per side at my local shop (yes, I know its extortionate!)

I think it's different. Bunny mad magazine is in colour and is £3.95 so I think is aimed at people who already understand and care about their bunnies - like people on RU

This would be aimed at pushing free information to people who have outdated ideas about rabbits and have a single unneutered bunny in a 3ft hutch and feed muesli and carrots who would never buy a magazine and are basing their care on when they had a bunny
OH was saying maybe one side of it could have basic info and never change, so we'd have to generate less content

And we would have to fund the production, but it would be optional - a lot of people would have a printer at home and might be happy to print some and drop them off at a local pet shop or vet, or could print 10-20 at work for free, or vets might be happy to receive the info as a pdf and print themselves or email to their clients? (am an optimist)

If you are a member of the RWAF I think you can ask for their leaflets if you have a means if distributing them.

Maybe instead of printing it and taking in copies - it could be aimed at the shop printing their own? The RU members could just let them know about it existing as an option :)

Back