• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RU HELP! Biscuit's turned into a naughty bunny and i dont know what to do!

As he grows up you will probably find that between 10 and 4 he sleeps - mine were very active when young, but now whenever I go to see them during the day athey are zonked out (occassionally one will open an eye to see who's there, but that's all the acknowledgement I'll get :lol:)

I guess Biscuit is a 'teenage/young adult' bunny and testing you at the moment. It will pass! Honest!

As he grows up you will probably find that between 10 and 4 he sleeps - mine were very active when young, but now whenever I go to see them during the day athey are zonked out (occassionally one will open an eye to see who's there, but that's all the acknowledgement I'll get :lol:)

I guess Biscuit is a 'teenage/young adult' bunny and testing you at the moment. It will pass! Honest!

Here, here, Blackberry.:wave: I think mini-lops tend to be more active than other bunnies in the afternoon, but he should settle down a bit. My Spenser spends all afternoon either flopped (very cute :love:) or doing his cushion impersonation :lol:).

I agree, establish a routine that fits in well with his needs and yours, they do like routine.:wave:

I'm so my own worst enemy :(

I want so much for him but im being stupid now.

He's now flopped int the corner and i just heard him play with his bell ball.

Going to put him in the 4x4 with the sheet over the top now, i can't handle any more today.

I just know that a 4x4 for 2x buns isn't going to be enough from 11pm - 5pm the following day. So i can't get him a playmate. He gets ~5 hours of 'free-ranging' every night, but do you think thats enough?

Sorry if im rambling on, i guess i thought this would all be easier than it is :(

This might not be the best example, but Gasket and Tappet were locked away in a hutch every night between 11.00 ish and 7.00. Can't say exactly how big it was from memory but must be about 4 ft long x2ft high by 1 1/2 ft deep? The rest of the time they had the run which was 6ft by 5ft with the hutch inside it, except between normally around 5pm to 11.00 when we had them free range in the house.

Sprocket and Widget now have a 8ft by 4ft dog kennel. Maybe when Biscuit gets a friend he'll settle down a bit and not yearn for your company so much? :D

ETA- try cable ties instead of pegs to make the joins more secure.

Alvin spent most of his babyhood penned in, even if i went into the shower i had to lock him up. he is now free a good percentage of the time and finally doesnt try to destroy everything insight.. although i do have to cover ALL wallpaper he has access to with towels and sheets :roll::roll: my two are now allowed out from 6pm - 8am but are still caged during the day.. its just not worth the risk of something bad happening to them while im at work... plus its sleepy time now anyhows

dont feel bad, hes lucky to have you trying to make his life as good as it can be but itll be a long time of teen monsterness before you can truely trust him freerange until then the pen is really the safest option :wave::wave::wave:

I don't know whether this has been asked already as I skim read but do you need the sheet? Is the sheet there to stop Biscuit jumping on top of the hutch? If so, maybe can you put something on the hutch to stop him jumping up and that way avert his escaping antics?

Okay, right.

Firstly, i'd like to say thank you. I get a bit hysterical about things sometimes, this is just another one of those times, so thank you and sorry!

Secondly...

Pen re-constructed.

It's now just the 4x4x2 with the sheet over it. I've taken the hutch out still so its a full space and he seems to have quietened down since i put him in about 20 mins ago.

He does normally snooze between 10 and 4 but i think since he's realised he can 'bounce' more than usual, he's been making the most of it bless him.

I'm fairly happy with the pen now so going to leave it like that and just let him free-range when we're both at home and downstairs.

Just need to settle down now and let him get on with it.

It's kind of nice to know that he will calm down a little, although i do adore his personality. He is only just over 6 months old so i'm guessing he is a 'teen' as you put it :)

Hope we can get a friend for him, think it would be lovely to see him snuggle with another bun, not just with us :love:

I agree. We leave the hutch doors open all day, from 6am till 10pm so they can free range on the back yard. Between 10am till about 3ish they choose to stay in their hutch! Even if we encourage them out- after about 5 minutes they resume the zonked out position in the hutch!:)

I think I'm going to have to get some of that mesh stuff! My buns haven't managed to jump high enough yet but now I'm paranoid that I'll come home from work one day and find they've escaped their pen and destroyed my flat and belongings!

Back